PDA

View Full Version : exhaust to manifold problem

swedge
20-07-12, 05:10 PM
any ideas on how to make this fit?

its a 20seh manifold onto 2" exhaust

ignore the exhaust paste, a sleeve that actually fits will be used lol

what i did think about doing was haveing the flange part that bolts to the head skimmed at an angle so the end points more up the way

also i though about cutting about 1ft worth of pipe off where it joins the manifold and welding it back on at an angle then another part at the end so it straightens out onto the sleeve connector

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee127/swedge87/b19db6a3.jpg

Markd89
20-07-12, 07:48 PM
Cut the end of the manifold off and weld in a flexi pipe i've just done this was cheap and easy, mine was on a x16xe to a nova gsi standard system, check my project in my sig theres a few pics in there what i did, its near the end.

swedge
20-07-12, 08:06 PM
Be a hell of an angle for a flex though will it not?

I could wel the flexi on so that it points up toward the exhaust pipe then angle the other end so it comes off straight

Markd89
20-07-12, 08:10 PM
Be a hell of an angle for a flex though will it not?

I could wel the flexi on so that it points up toward the exhaust pipe then angle the other end so it comes off straight

thats exactly what i did, mine was on a big angle but all i did was what you just said and i also used some powerflex exhaust rubbers on the center section to keep it stable and its perfect

swedge
20-07-12, 08:15 PM
Cheers I think that's what I'll do

I may add another hanger further down just to help it

Southie
20-07-12, 09:51 PM
Just do a temp fix with a flexy and then take it to a performance exhaust place to make you a new middle section to suit ;)

swedge
21-07-12, 07:00 AM
It's only to last me a couple months then it's all coming off anyway

GDN16v
21-07-12, 09:51 AM
Just get 2 x 45 degree angle bends and weld them in!

Mike
21-07-12, 09:58 AM
Just get 2 x 45 degree angle bends and weld them in!

This.