PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 8v on carbs/boddies queries

tom130691
20-07-12, 12:17 AM
signed up on her for advise on this due to it being more common in novas,

i wish to build such and engine and then drop it either in to my classic mini or my corsa b as its currently a 1.2 8v its a very simple swap :cool:

which engine would i be better off using E16se due to its mechanical ignition? or the C16se?
advantages and disadvantages of both with a carb set up which will take more work ect?

dont realy want to go into stand alone management, somebody has mentioned nova sr coil and ignition module?

other things to look out for? imobalisers ect?
spontanious idea i just had and wish to research and do :thumb:

any guides ect on here, my current internet connection keeps dropping out so havnt looked around the site yet :(

bazil
20-07-12, 12:26 AM
if going carb you could look at a Z16SE from a vectra B or astra G but make sure it has the front engine mount not the side one,

going down the E16 route still gives you EFI but its management is actually a standalone system as it is not part of the incar wiring loom but the C16 wiring is integral to the incar loom to be honest you could use a Z16 with E16 inlet and loom and dizzy, i fail to see the benifit of carbs unless your doing internal upgrades too

tom130691
20-07-12, 12:34 AM
cheers for the quick reply

the plan is to build quite a lairy engine lumpy cam ect i want over 100bhp long term probably 120ish would be nice, seen this achieved on carbs in minis, and i quite like the idea of carbs due to the lack mapping ability on the vaux ECU's

so the ignition on the E16se is basical self supporting regardless of the fueling, this is what i was hoping,
with the Z16 i would have to change then the came to one with the dissy on the end? changing the cam is part of the plans anyway i suppose,

bazil
20-07-12, 12:45 AM
at the most you would need a E16 cam housing on the Z16 to allow the dizzy, your right about the 1400 dizzy and loom to for the carbs,

the im sure other will be along with better answers than me lol