PDA

View Full Version : help. i'm struggling to get my old work email account onto my new laptop

mowgli
18-07-12, 05:00 PM
knowing my affinity with the luddites when it comes to computers, please can someone young help me.

i have a work pc in the office with an email account that we access with outlook express

i also have a laptop, that is a few years old, but is on vista, and has windows live mail.

i need to get my work email to come to my laptop

i have all the login codes, and pop3 & smtp thingies etc, but it simply won't work.

it seems to think the original server names no longer exist.

the laptop uses an orange dongle for interweb connection, should i be using different port numbers for it???

basically i'm stuck & need some honest simple help to get it sorted, as my 70 year stepdad is not capable of using the email & i am getting bother off my customers

Markd89
18-07-12, 05:48 PM
cant you access the emails through the correct domain like i do,
My email address is a .karoo.co.uk, i can access it through outlook express or i can go to www.karoo.co.uk and login from there.
Doesnt matter which computer i'm at i can still login through the web domain anywhere.
The outlook express is just for my home pc

mowgli
18-07-12, 06:05 PM
ok, i've just spent several hours trying to get to the bottom of this, and discovered the provider we thought was handling it, isn't.... the provider who is does a fine job of not putting their phone no. on their website, where webmail is available, we have never had the password, as it was sorted out by our previous manager, who we sacked & had arrested, tried & found guilty of a 5 figure fraud, and his mate, the IT bloke, who we stopped using about 2 years ago... nobody actually knows who has been paying the domain fees!!!!

i managed to contact the domain provider by using some lateral thinking & finding out their parent company, who happily gave me their phone no... i have sent off enough id documentation to satisfy most people & hopefully they will be contacting me shortly with the necessary codes.