PDA

View Full Version : How easy is it to fit Clear rear clusters?

Snowface
31-07-03, 08:35 PM
Is it that hard to do? How long does it take timewise?

Haynes doesn't say how to do it.

beatin u
31-07-03, 08:39 PM
very tricky,

you'll need a welder, filler, mabee some fiberglass and an elecronics degree.........

nah just jestin'

three 8mm bolts and bobs yer aunty.

MattyWoo
31-07-03, 08:44 PM
if you buy a decent set they should come with instructions, if not then dont worry cos its simple :D

Mark
31-07-03, 09:25 PM
Remove three bolts per unit, pull out unit and swap, replace three bolts. 5 mins total.

Snowface
31-07-03, 09:36 PM
cool thanks.
The cheapest road legal ones i've seen are on www.carismastyle.co.uk and are ?89!

there are also ?119 ones on fwdmotorsport.co.uk

where about have u peeps got urs and how much?

thanks.

dave.gsi
31-07-03, 11:06 PM
got mine from abp motorsport. cost ?110 (about 2/3 years ago now)

dead easy to fit, if you can remove your old lights you can fit the new ones

leepwoollard
31-07-03, 11:40 PM
soooo easy three bolts on each cluster just remove the casing that holds the bulbs first then should only take a few minutes. Got mine from pvd about ?100 pound

ade
01-08-03, 09:13 PM
easier than passing wind!

In the boot, remove the plastic cover behind hear light.

look

2 screws at the top and one at the bottom with a bracket

note how bracket goes in - can be an anus coz its a small area (use child or woman with small hands if your hands are big and man like!)

remove the bulb cluster by sliding up and right (I think) - then remove custer from car

refit the new cluster - making sure the rubber foam surrounds on them that goes between the car and th lights (or they will leak)

tighten up screws

insert light cluster

clip in place

test

MARVELLOUS!

8)

dave.gsi
01-08-03, 10:58 PM
come to think of it, it was a pain in the ass in my gsi. on my sr (which they came from) the covers flapped open and gave loads of room to get your hands (and tools in). on the gsi they have a little cover which pops off and you can only just get your hand through it. i ended up taking half the boot trim out :twisted: