PDA

View Full Version : 1300 with irmscher injection, running issues

Edd
16-07-12, 02:17 PM
Done 250miles in it now

Few issues tho

I cant cruise at 30mph unless I stick it in 3rd, which is like 3200rpm, thus sounding like a tard lol

If I put it in 4th it just jurks about lol

Engine still tight ?
Will the 4 branch and 1mm oversized valve head be creating this ?

Another possible issue I have is with TPS

I have set it so as soon as you press the accelerater pedal it clicks

Is this correct ?

Any ideas/suggestions would be great :)

Edd

GRUNT 16V
16-07-12, 02:50 PM
the throttle switch should click as soon as the butterfly opens in the throttle body what air filter are you using ??

Royston
16-07-12, 03:05 PM
Had a very similar issue with my Irmscher system on the SR last week, 1st time out,

It didn't accelerate well, was chuntering whilst "cruising", stopped with full throttle, had to use lower gear and get the revs up.

I changed the fuel pressure regulator (for a Rover Vitesse 3.5 V8 one as it was lying around)

Car ran well after that, problem was low fuel pressure

Edd
16-07-12, 04:08 PM
Thats the same symptoms as mine

Might fit the adjustable FPR that im going to use with the turbo stuff

What pressure shall I set it at ?

Or just sort a new GM one ?

Royston
16-07-12, 05:13 PM
Mines got a FSE regulator on at the moment, Vitesse spec is 36psi, but haven't checked it, would imagine the Bosch/Vaux system will be @ the same

craig green
16-07-12, 06:16 PM
Have you had the mixture/C0 settings checked Edd? (on a gas analyser)

Like I said before, I knew of an 8v Astra GTE like this that had a tubular 4 branch too. Otherwise everything seems fairly spot on with it.

craig green
16-07-12, 06:24 PM
Meant to add; If all else fails, fit a Redtop. :d

Edd
16-07-12, 06:27 PM
Mark gave me a print out about the mixture when I had it MOT'd, if thats what you mean ?
He told me that was ok

AFAIK there is not mixture screw tho :confused: unless someone can tell me where it is lol

IMO its got worse, almost to the point that unless your caining it it will feel likes its in the wrong gear :(

Edd
16-07-12, 06:30 PM
Meant to add; If all else fails, fit a Redtop. :d

lol NOPE had one of them lumps of junk weighing the front of a nova down as you know, never again :d

Royston
16-07-12, 07:33 PM
Air flow meter has an adjuster, it's just a bypass on the airflow meter to adjust the CO, 6mm allen key required iirc

Pretty sure your problem is the fuel pressure like mine, as said.

My engine is running a 270 cam, polished ported head with + 3mm inlets and +2mm exhaust valves, and a 4 branch manifold.

Edd
16-07-12, 08:13 PM
Cheers for the help

I have located a new GM FPR for reasonable money, probably get it when I get paid