PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 8v tuning with sport t40's etc?

cav_2.0_gli
15-07-12, 11:05 AM
hello,

ive got a 1.3 8v engine, which i will be getting rebuilt and tuned up abit for my nova.

i was wondering about some tuning advise for it.

firstly, currently its a standard 1.3 8v nova sr engine.

i wish to fit the sport irmscher airbox, inlet manifold and twin weber carbs to it.

i order to fit these, are they a direct bolt on, or is there anything else i need to change (uprate the fuel pump? i presume i need to change the throttle cable or atleast linkage?)

i also have a kent AST1 camshaft and matching vernier pulley, would this be suitable to use with the sport twin 40's setup?

other than that, the only other bit i'l be fitting is a 4 branch manifold and irmscher rocker cover.

many thanks for any help.

paul james
15-07-12, 11:12 AM
You will need an alternator lowering bracket, you can still get these new. You can use the standard cam driven fuel pump, but stick a fuel pressure regulator inbetween it and the carbs.

Do you really want the Irmcher airbox? as they are quite tricky and expensive to get hold of. The standard SR manifold and twin down pipe is considered a better design than the typical simple 4-1 replacement manifolds, so I wouldn't rush to change that.

cav_2.0_gli
23-07-12, 10:35 AM
You will need an alternator lowering bracket, you can still get these new. You can use the standard cam driven fuel pump, but stick a fuel pressure regulator inbetween it and the carbs.

Do you really want the Irmcher airbox? as they are quite tricky and expensive to get hold of. The standard SR manifold and twin down pipe is considered a better design than the typical simple 4-1 replacement manifolds, so I wouldn't rush to change that.

thankyou for your help bud.

i would like to use an irmscher airbox if i can, if not i'l just stick a pair of k&n's on it.

with regards to fitting the twin 40's, other than the alternator bracket, are they just a case of bolt on?
also, does anyone know where i can get the throttle cable/linkage from?

also, is the kent AST1 camshaft and vernier pulley i have suitable for use with the twin 40's?

thanks.

paul james
23-07-12, 04:00 PM
Since the 40's take up more room than the standard carb, a couple of the water pipes need changing to fit. If your buying a full set up from someone, then you should ask for the water pipes too. Otherwise you'll have to go custom and find/cut up suitable pipes yourself, no company sells on off the shelf pipe kit that suits.

Mine runs an AST2 cam which works great and takes good advantage of the twin40's, its also a closer match to the specs of the original Sport Enem cam than the AST1. It depends on what power your aiming for, and how much you want to spend of course.