PDA

View Full Version : Sick to the back teeth..

Anonymous
20-01-01, 10:29 AM
In Leeds, gets back to my car about 6pm on Thursday hits the alarm button and it beeps 3 times-meaning it has been set off at some point throughout the day. So i walks around the car looking for anything suspect and find a fucking big dent, the size of my head in my passenger door!!!! I was fucking fuming, but wait for it your thinking someone pranged me and did a runner-but no, on closer inspection i see a couple of large foot marks over and around the dent!! SOME **** MUST HAVE KICKED MY FUCKING DOOR IN. There was no other damage from what i could tell. The question i keep asking myself....is WHY?
Its fucking bullshit and im sick of it. Since ive had my nova (18 months)someones nicked the original GM wheel trims, someone at somepoint has also tried to slim-jim my drivers door and left fooking big scratches all over the window, and worst of all after i had only had it 2 months someone screwdrivered the door lock, got in and completely knackered my steering column (didint get the car cos of crook lock. And now this shit happens!! Sometimes i just feel like selling it and getting the train into work. I love the car, but its getting beyond a joke now, as every time i go back to my car i walk round it looking for new scrapes/dents/damage etc.
It shouldnt be like this..... The car has max security aswel-alarm,immobiliser,cat 3 crook lock. I mean what more can i do?? Just when i thought the car was coming together, ive got some lowering springs and some 15's lined up too!!
Sorry about the rant fellas, but im sure u understand how it is. I just wondered if all other Nova owners suffer like this??
Tony-Pissed off.

Anonymous
20-01-01, 10:46 AM
Sorry to hear about your car mate! I have had the same kind of problems with every nova I have owned, my 1.2 got broken into on average about twice a week, so it wasn't worth doing anything with it, my 1.3 got broken into right outside my fucking house in the middle of the night!!!!! and about 10 million other times!!!! but my GSi has only been broken into once(touch wood!!) I came back to it after work and found the drivers door wide open and the alarm going off, people were just walking past it, and nobody had called the police or anything!!!!! Strangely though, not one thing actually inside the car had been touched!?!?!?!! so what the fuck they were doing I don't know!!!! If some **** has it in their head that they want your car, then no amount of security will stop them trying and about the kick thing, it will be some dumb ass 14 year old scally twat who is jealous of your car.

Anonymous
20-01-01, 11:41 AM
Seems to be a rule these days. Whatever you spend getting a car have the same amount for insurance and the same amount for security. I've been looking into my purchase for the end of the month the cars 2000, the insurance 1700 and the security 1500. Hopefully then i might actually be able to hold on to the thing. And after all that cash some twat can still come along and kick the car because they're jealous.

Anonymous
20-01-01, 12:37 PM
when i had my nova, (still have, but dont drive it), ig to it broke into, they took 30p and 2 fuses, and the fucking tray where the cigarette lighter was. I also used to get hassled by nobheads on the way home, Novas are targetted cos peeps automatically assume "BoyRacer" so we will race him, i used to get hassle from anyting and everything.

unfortunately the only thing that i found would be a bloody good idea, is an alarm that you can buy, which makes your keyring flash and beep when the alrm is set off. the benefit i hear you ask? - well if you are close to your car, (like me and work), you can run out and go and twat the little fucker, break both his fucking legs, scrape his fucking face along the floor, and NEVER give up giving him a fucking good kicking!

the alarm is bout ?200-?300 and will be a purchase for my car !!!DEFINATELY!!!

Cheers

Davo

Anonymous
20-01-01, 12:38 PM
when i had my nova, (still have, but dont drive it), ig to it broke into, they took 30p and 2 fuses, and the fucking tray where the cigarette lighter was. I also used to get hassled by nobheads on the way home, Novas are targetted cos peeps automatically assume "BoyRacer" so we will race him, i used to get hassle from anyting and everything.

unfortunately the only thing that i found would be a bloody good idea, is an alarm that you can buy, which makes your keyring flash and beep when the alrm is set off. the benefit i hear you ask? - well if you are close to your car, (like me and work), you can run out and go and twat the little fucker, break both his fucking legs, scrape his fucking face along the floor, and NEVER give up giving him a fucking good kicking!

the alarm is bout ?200-?300 and will be a purchase for my car !!!DEFINATELY!!!

Cheers

Davo

Anonymous
20-01-01, 06:41 PM
Harsh. Well, somebody took a severe dislike to the drivers door on my car before i even bought it, and i too have a shoe mark in my door and several ripples- hence that is why he sold it to me. he was sick and tired of all the hassles of owning a nice car. I hate parking it anywhere, and very rarely park it in town, in case it gets nicked/broken into/ hit by some incompetent crap driver or any one of the million other things that can happen. My old 1.2 got broken into twice in a month (in central london so no surprise there), but then i got my SRi and (touch wood)have had nothing happen apart from a set of valve caps go walkies. Bastards. My clifford proximity sensor does work quite well, coz it shows that you take the security of your car seriously and demonstrates that you have a good alarm, but as jkhilton says, if they want it bad enough, then nothing will stop them.

Anonymous
20-01-01, 09:02 PM
so as a rule it appears 1.2's are a target more than most. as mine was broken (well the rear 3/4 wimdow was removed) into and they took my shelf (home made and looked better than the real thing) my pile of MD's (and they took the time to take the fucking lables off them!!) and also to totaly butcher my head unit and then to steal the face plate hidden and locked in the boot!!!!!! i reckon it was someone that knew me as i was planning on a 10" infinity sub and RF amp for that weekend!! hmm very suspect

Anonymous
22-01-01, 11:10 AM
tossers, the lot of em !!

Anonymous
16-02-01, 03:41 AM
Fucking bastards they are!!!

Just give my 10 mins in a room with 'em!!! X-(