PDA

View Full Version : 4x4

wiggy123
12-07-12, 10:57 PM
hi guys. Im building a 4x4 wheel drive corsa and was wondering what running gear would be best to use if anyone could help it would be great....

cheers guys :)

Connor
12-07-12, 11:07 PM
Calibra? Cavalier?

pie
12-07-12, 11:11 PM
as above you can use vauxhall stuff from a cav/calibra

or unless you want to go down the subaru or cossie running gear route

wiggy123
12-07-12, 11:17 PM
depends on how much work is involved. and which one is gunna be the easiest .

bazil
13-07-12, 12:53 AM
Easiest lol

Cozzie probably requires less wiring to work.

swedge
13-07-12, 02:45 AM
Easiest isn't a word to use lol

mowgli
13-07-12, 05:28 AM
sid meake did one years back using calibra running gear & the back wheels nearly stuck right out the back.

fit a complete calibra floorpan shortened down to suit.

then make some wider arches

Old man Jimbo
13-07-12, 09:01 AM
Someones got one on here, a sport of all things, if I remember rightly.

Properly tidy job with standard wheelbase etc. He used Vauxhall stuff.

Southie
13-07-12, 10:27 AM
Someones got one on here, a sport of all things, if I remember rightly.

Properly tidy job with standard wheelbase etc. He used Vauxhall stuff.
Yep, that would be Charlie's Sport 4x4 CLICKYME (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?168133-Longdogcharlie-s-4x4-Nova)

autoworksnovasport
13-07-12, 02:49 PM
depends on how much work is involved. and which one is gunna be the easiest .

with a message like that i dont beleive your going to do it

turbojolt
13-07-12, 02:59 PM
Ive seen couple of these posts now and it amazes me that someone that can fabricate such a car wouldn't know what kind of running gear etc would work best

would be class read if it did go ahead tho

mowgli
13-07-12, 06:22 PM
well, if you went down the LET/F28 route, the front end will be fairly simple, its been done enough times before. Then you need enough room for the prop shaft alongside the exhaust, then getting the calibra rear axle fitted, look at longdogcharlies sport, as he narrowed his to fit. You'll need to do something clever with the fuel tank too.
I'd think it would be easier than fitting a cosworth engine in as you can leave the bulkhead untouched so all the controls can stay where gm intended.
but......a tuned cossie lump will stay in one piece for a lot longer than a tuned LET

autoworksnovasport
13-07-12, 08:01 PM
Then you need enough room for the exhaust alongside the prop shaft

edited for accuracy :)

mowgli
13-07-12, 09:19 PM
hair splitter.... lol lol

billewizz
14-07-12, 06:22 AM
The Meeke car actually used the X-Trac system with the engine longditudanily.if you speak with Martin Schanker in Norway he can build you a full on transfer box for the vauxhal set up which will be capable of running handbrake release without turning into a molten blob. He can also change the tourque split to send more to the rear, add to this a good back end and you will have a car that on a wet day will stick with a gt3rs. oh yes plus 3 1/2 years build time best of luck with the build.