PDA

View Full Version : Injection to bike carbs.

BROD
11-07-12, 12:31 AM
If things go as i wish then i will soon be fitting a 20seh with fzr1000cc bike carbs (craigs engine). I have a few questions. The first being, a pipe goes from the brake servo (gte) to the inlet plenum, im sure this is a vacuum which affectively gives you the brakes correct? how would i go about getting a vacuum to my servo if i then run bike carbs? is there a nipple on the inlet manifold to supply a vacuum or is there another way? as wouldnt this make one cylinder run slightly richer than the others if the vacuum just went to one?, my second question is what do i do with the connectors off things like the air flow meter and plenum? do i simply tuck them away? or would this cause problems? as i dont fancy hacking my loom apart as im not brilliant with electrics lol i have a few more questions but i think this will do for now, cheers (Y)

swedge
11-07-12, 01:27 AM
You remove th entire loon completely leave the starter loom but you fit the dizzy loom think its from a 1.6 cav

There should be an outlet on the inlet manifold for the brake servo and no it won't affect it really

BROD
11-07-12, 10:30 AM
Hi swedge, thanks for the reply mate, there's not any diagrams available is there? When you say remove, does all the injection stuff and sensors lead back to the ecu?

8valve-craig
11-07-12, 02:19 PM
Everything will be included if you decide to purchase. It came out of a nova so the servo take off is on cylinder 4 right next to the servo. And yes, completely remove your loom and ecu, This setup will be sold with everything required to make it run. even down to the fuel pump and air filter.

BROD
11-07-12, 02:21 PM
Awesome mate, ive got your number so ill send you a text later (Y).....im still labelling things up and disconnecting wires etc. with abit of luck, the engine should be out within the next few hours :)

swedge
11-07-12, 03:51 PM
There's not much to an 8v loom anyway so isn't hard to remove