PDA

View Full Version : the dentist

swedge
10-07-12, 03:01 PM
though i should finally get round to seeing the dentist

i have hypodontia, for those that dont know

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypodontia

its genetic and has been passed from my gran to my mum then to me and my bro

in short its where your big teeth dont ever appear and your left with milk teeth which arent very strong

just had the last of them pulled out and im left with 8 teeth on the top and 6 on the bottom and look like a right hillbilly, had my impressions today so new teeth soon :)

turbojolt
10-07-12, 03:06 PM
my dads cousin has the same sickening illness

lol you getting the new ones all drilled in to your jaw :o savage stuff they get up in the dentist

swedge
10-07-12, 03:08 PM
nah too expensive lol, just normal dentures but not full ones

these clip to my other teeth so "hopefully" dont fall out

can you imagine goin down on a bird and your teeth falling out hahahahaha

Tanya.
10-07-12, 04:49 PM
I didn't realise there was a name for it. I had to have one of my teeth pulled out a couple of years ago as there was no adult tooth underneath.

swedge
10-07-12, 04:53 PM
yep there is, its usually hereditary most of my family have it

mines is actually oligodontia due to me having only 12 adult teeth, the rest were milk teeth

Edd
10-07-12, 05:00 PM
fcuking hate the dentist, you always come out of there with a empty wallet lol

swedge
10-07-12, 05:08 PM
yeah its not the cheapest but i hate my teeth, even more so with them pulled out lol

troy88
10-07-12, 05:18 PM
How much does it cost to have a tooth removed like?
(I joined army at 16 so have never had to pay for dental)

Spudly
10-07-12, 06:14 PM
fcuking hate the dentist, you always come out of there with a empty wallet lol

I heard you one that one, went for a checkup this morning, was in there about six minutes and they relieved me of £17.50 for it, gotta go back on friday for a scale and polish and then got three extractions due aswell :cry:

swedge
10-07-12, 07:34 PM
Can't beat the crunch noise when thier pulling it out lol

NovaLad
11-07-12, 07:31 AM
Had problems with 2 of my rear molars once my wisdom teeth arrived, ended up having 2 molars removed and 1 got cracked so now have another molar which had to have a root canal and a filling and in 5 months a crown.

Also cracked my front tooth when I was younger and have to have that replaced and cleaned every 8 month - 12 month.
Finally got around to having my impressions done the other day for my teeth whitening kit. £299 later lol.

I used to be really scared of dentist when younger but I've realised a fuller smile makes all the difference in life to your confidence.

NovaLad

Oh... My dentist bills over the last month - £600+

Hobbit
11-07-12, 10:43 AM
Also didn't know there was a name for it. I had 6 adult teeth missing. Still got a baby tooth at the front. Last time I went to a dentist they said I needed train tracks and bridges. Didn't fancy that so never went back. That was 16 years ago lol

turbojolt
11-07-12, 12:09 PM
you cant trust dentists one tried telling my old man he needed 10 fillings, he went off to another dentist and they said he had no cavities at all!!

the day i go back will be when i need something pulling out.

swedge
11-07-12, 03:52 PM
Don't you get NHS dentists in englandshire?

Edd
11-07-12, 04:01 PM
Yes, but in mine and probably many others experiences your better off paying to have it done correctly

Some nigerian that speaks no english with a pair of long nose pliers in hand dont exactly fill you with confidence lol

turbojolt
11-07-12, 04:02 PM
Yes, but in mine and probably many others experiences your better off paying to have it done correctly

Some nigerian that speaks no english with a pair of long nose pliers in hand dont exactly fill you with confidence lol

lmfao that made me laugh so hard a tear came out lol

swedge
11-07-12, 04:24 PM

well the dentist i go to is a foreigner, hes only dutch though so not too bad hes pretty sound

he is an NHS dentist and also a private, to get all my teeth that need removed impressions and the new dentures fitted will cost me no more than £350