PDA

View Full Version : Wiring shift light - PZ Racing

Iain
09-07-12, 10:45 PM
OK I have this shift light by PZRacing, I've followed the instructions but it's just flickering about wildly without any attempt at matching the revs I've set it to.

http://www.pzracing.it/catalogo-2/products/lightronic/?lang=en (Site also has instructions on fitting)

I've wired it up with a +ve and -ve off some old black and brown wires behind the dash, and the green revcounter wire for the clocks.

Any suggestions? :(

mowgli
09-07-12, 10:57 PM
red on unit goes to ign +ve, brown on unit to earth, light blue on unit to green rev feed. green on unit not connected, white on unit is calibration wire..

- To go into set up, keep the WHITE wire earthed (you can do this by keeping it in contact with an unpainted part of the frame), turn the

key to “ON”, keep the WHITE wire earthed until the end of the lighting test.

- Turn on the engine in “neutral” gear.

- Remove the WHITE calibration wire from “earth”, the two lateral green leds will begin to flash.

- At this point you have to set the engine revs so that the unit registers the first limit of revs that has been reached, take the revs to the

level that you wish the unit to register as a first level, even for an instant. For example if you wish to set 6000 revs a minute, accelerate

until the rev count is 6000 revs a minute, LighTronic will register the maximum number of revs reached during this phase.

- “Earth” the calibration wire, the green leds will stop flashing and red one will begin to flash..

- At this point you have to set the engine revs so that the unit registers the fifth limit of revs that has been reached, take the revs to the

level that you wish the unit to register as a fifth level, even for an instant. For example if you wish to set 12000 revs a minute, accelerate

until the rev count is 12000 revs a minute, LighTronic will register the maximum number of revs reached during this phase.

- Once again “earth” the calibration wire, the red led will go off, LighTronic will calculate all intermediate levels of intervention

- The unit has been calibrated and is ready for use.

full pdf ... http://www.pzracing.it/manuals/LighTronic_LT200.pdf

seems fairly easy to do, apart from sitting it on your drive & revving the tits off it till you make the lights flash...

Iain
09-07-12, 11:11 PM
Yep done all that. Connected the wires to positive,negative and revcounter feed and its flashing like mad at random intervals

GRUNT 16V
12-07-12, 03:35 PM
Is a shift light realy needed ??

mowgli
13-07-12, 05:19 AM
Is a shift light realy needed ??

this argument has already taken place.

iain wants one, so iain bought one.

Iain
13-07-12, 10:12 AM
PZRacing in Italy are responding and trying to help. The seller says they will also send me a new one to try. So fingers crossed it's a faulty unit

Stuart
13-07-12, 11:41 AM
ouch thats a hideous setup routine :(

The omen limiters and shift lights were great as you only had to set them to half the limit you wanted and it did the maths for the actual limit, thus saving you from revving the bollocks off the engine lol

Iain
13-07-12, 02:46 PM
Yeah it's a bit brutal but you only have to hit it for a second, not hold it at 6000rpm for 30 seconds or anything lol

Iain
11-08-12, 08:52 PM
Well I got the RPM interface for this, which has a wire taped to a HT lead to inductively work out RPM.

Seems to work OK-ish except on letting off it flashes like mad. Does something funky happen to the spark when off the throttle?

mowgli
11-08-12, 11:54 PM
it shouldn't, unless there is a coil/dispak fault

Iain
14-08-12, 09:04 PM
Frick knows what it's doing then! Grr