PDA

View Full Version : Stripped out or buy some I.C.E.?

SKoob
31-07-03, 01:23 AM
Right I'm torn between a stripped out racer style interior, or leaving it as is and getting some I.C.E, I love me music but also love me speed :? what shud i do?

burgo
31-07-03, 04:52 AM
do both as in strip interio but have speakers in the dash and rear quarters

Dave
31-07-03, 12:44 PM
have a word to oli (ollster) he did his strip out an got it all sorted so it looked sweet

Nova-Boy
31-07-03, 12:46 PM
strip it out and have your ICE in the back

?Marty?
31-07-03, 04:44 PM
Why do you need a full on ice install just because you love your music?

Get a Minidisc/MP3 walkman, stick the earphones on and listen to it as loud as you want, without forcing others to listen to your shite. And it won't affect the weight of your car, and no need to fuckl about removing speakers and etc.

Ben (lurk75)
31-07-03, 04:48 PM
Get one of these........

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/668big4.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MissNova
31-07-03, 04:50 PM
I would just get ice cus i dont like the stripped out look i prefer cars to be cosey but its your car not mine :D

Ben (lurk75)
31-07-03, 04:53 PM
If you want cosey go to bed or by a BMW, i have never been in a Cosey nova. Strip it out and lose so of the weight out the back.

?Marty?
31-07-03, 04:55 PM
I would just get ice cus i dont like the stripped out look i prefer cars to be cosey but its your car not mine :D

Strip it out, and paint it Teracotta. :lol:

burgo
31-07-03, 05:09 PM
lol @ marty and ben

Fester
31-07-03, 05:43 PM
i think that cruising along with earphones in is illegal! im not 100% tho (i.e. deaf people can drive)

Barn
31-07-03, 08:38 PM
fcukin awesome marty....PMSL

ade
31-07-03, 08:40 PM
it all depends on your car and what engine you have

To get any real gains by lightening it you'd need to absolutely gut it to nothing and then on the British roads theres no where you could really test it to the limit except on a quick get away from the lights.

Personally I'd go for a 1/2 decent ice install - nothing too heavy - nice head unit, cd changer and some decent 6x9's - not that heavy.

do half n half - ditch rear seats and do an install...

Remember if you lighten the car it will rise so if its not lowered it'll look like a feckin landrover!

It'll also slide about like a bastard (no weight in the back to keep the wheels down)

djp_y2k
01-08-03, 09:07 AM
I say rip out ur rear seats, cage and buckets, then build the biggest baddest install in the back possible

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jules
01-08-03, 11:49 AM
Why do you need a full on ice install just because you love your music?

Get a Minidisc/MP3 walkman, stick the earphones on and listen to it as loud as you want, without forcing others to listen to your s**t. And it won't affect the weight of your car, and no need to fcuk about removing speakers and etc.

I think it's illegal to listen to headphones whilst driving, just like it's illegal to wear a crash helmet whilst driving.
:roll:

?Marty?
01-08-03, 04:50 PM
Don't think headphones are illegal.

You can drive a car if you're deaf in both ears and etc.
You can use a mobile phone hands-free kit, which usually you put in your ear.

There's nothing in the high-way code about using ear phones.

I just don't see the point in loads of ice anyway.

Like Micky said, it just get's ripped out by smackheads. And a Nova is hardly a luxury cruiser where sound quality and comfort is of importance.

Ben (lurk75)
01-08-03, 04:55 PM
Also the design of a nova is awful for sound due to size and shape etc, also they are too awkward to sound deaden properly so you will virtually always have a rattle or fart coming out of some panel.