PDA

View Full Version : Powerblow exhaust magnet challenge

Fester
30-07-03, 10:37 PM
I bought a PowerBlow system for my GTE a while ago, and it's shit

It hits the car underneath occasionally
It blows (technical, not general abuse lol)
It dislodged at the back, exit hit the bumper cutout forcing paint off etc I had to drill the bodywork to cable tie rear rubber in position etc etc
The handbrake cable is messed up underneath the handle since it was put on

OK maybe I got a dodgy one, after all it's all down to the fitter.

Take a magnet to your 'stainless steel' system like I have and be amazed as it sticks.... to the stainless coated mild steel

and thats why they rust

Please do not buy these products they are falsely advertised, overpriced and wank

all above is down to my own personal experience, are my own opinions so dont kick off saying youve had a good one as that may be, that's all just me

?Marty?
30-07-03, 11:29 PM
I had a good one!! :twisted:

:lol:

Snowface
30-07-03, 11:35 PM
u should have got a Power Flow system. They are very good, like mine and many other peeps will tell u.

Fenix_2k1
30-07-03, 11:38 PM
Fester where did you get yours fitted?

Fester
30-07-03, 11:38 PM
thats where i went wrong! the local power>b<low dealer is also in the small claims court after not putting the lambda sensor into a new exhaust they made for a customer with a bravo/a HGT and fucking the engine

happys days :)

Fester
30-07-03, 11:40 PM
'Westgate Tyres' Morecambe

dan_mk1
30-07-03, 11:44 PM
bravo/a HGT

it would be a bravo, brava doesnt come in hgt form! :lol: :wink:

Fester
30-07-03, 11:47 PM
couldnt remember which was which...

dan_mk1
31-07-03, 12:04 AM
hairy muff, just thought id be a smart arse for a bit

?Marty?
31-07-03, 12:32 AM
You mean you thought you'd be smart for a bit. You arse. :lol:

(Kidding mate)

dan_mk1
31-07-03, 12:37 AM
:lol: or that!

Mark
31-07-03, 12:39 AM
So what is the opinion of Powerflow, from what is here it would seem that there is one complaint and a load of praise?

Breeny
31-07-03, 01:12 AM
The welds on mine are shit... big lumps of metal, they use 2 1/4" bore silencers for whatever bore pipework your having. Mine was also poor fitting, I took the car back and they bodged it with another hanger at the FRONT of the car!

If you want 10, 5" tailpipes out your 1.1 saxo then yeh there great.

Fenix_2k1
31-07-03, 01:20 AM
So what is the opinion of Powerflow, from what is here it would seem that there is one complaint and a load of praise?

It all depends on the skill of your local place. Nit heard any complaints from people using the Burnley dealer.

He's got a rather nice 2l16v corsa too.

dave.gsi
31-07-03, 09:41 AM
If you want 10, 5" tailpipes out your 1.1 saxo then yeh there great.

lmao :lol:

my personal view is there a bunch of overcharging dickheads

jatinder
31-07-03, 02:50 PM
read this on corsasport it say it all really :o

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=80963

Jules
31-07-03, 03:29 PM
I made the mistake of having a PowerBlow fitted, it knocks, it sits at an angle (If I take off the cable tie that I had to put on their bracket to hold it straight!!), The handbrake cable bounces off it.
They are poo in my opinion, mine was bodged - sorry - 'fitted' by Top Gear in St Albans. If I could turn back time I'd of ordered a Mongoose exhaust as they are excellent.

:evil:

Ste_Nova
31-07-03, 03:32 PM
i'm gonna make my own exhaust... can't be that hard!!! i cut and shut a cav t system onto a nova turbo

Breeny
31-07-03, 03:38 PM
Thats where mine was done Jules, Its not that far away so I thought i'd give it ago.

Sound guys there, just big con artists thats all :roll: People who have been there before don't believe me... but most of them are like i said saxo/corsa badboys who want millions of tailpipes sticking out the back or something lol

Fester
31-07-03, 03:47 PM
Jules basically exactly the same as mine then

on my previous SR the owner had already fitted a full mongoose s/s system it never gave me one ounce of trouble, fitted well and sounded brilliantly

if i go and get a mongoose system now that's knocking on the door of ?500 spent on exhausts :o

Jules
31-07-03, 03:51 PM
I went there because, at the time, it was the nearest PowerBlow dealership to me, it took them 3+ hours to make the exhaust (Just standard pipework with a upswept oval tailpipe!!!) whilst me and the missus sat in the tinest of all tiny waiting rooms whith nothing to do but stare at the walls!!!
Since I had it done a PB dealer has opened 10 mins from me, I rang them to see if they'd repair the work that Top Gear had done (I figured that as they are both PB franchises then they might be able to) but they said that I'd need to take it back to St Albans - sod that, I'll keep it until it falls off (Or I pull it off) then replace it with something good!!

Ste_Nova
31-07-03, 03:58 PM
just make it fall off the make a wagon drive over it....THEN go back to the pb dealer.... btw never go in good clothes to a garage or with a bird... then u can stand in the workshop

Breeny
31-07-03, 04:01 PM
whilst me and the missus sat in the tinest of all tiny waiting rooms whith nothing to do but stare at the walls!!!

lmao sod that! I wasn't gonna sit there, I went for a walk round St Albans, that place is full of fit girls :lol:

Come back and watched them finish the rest of it off, they even got me to bloody hold the exhaust stand at one point :|

?Marty?
31-07-03, 04:11 PM
That does sound like a bit of a joke.

The one in Burnley (www.TopGear2.com) is really good. Though the lads that work there have very nicely moded cars themselves (one featured in Revs a few issues back - a blue Polo) and ALL work is overseen by the owner himself (Gary), which helps maintain quality.

craig green
31-07-03, 05:43 PM
I got my Powerflow system from the head office in Exeter. Top work and to be fair its the only thing I have fitted to my car that hasnt given me hassle. cept my MOMO wheel. I would suggest though that they show you where the system starts from ie downpipe or if its just a bloody great back box as on my mates Beemer.. Oh and they cut off the mounting flange from your old system and re-use it. .

fleming
31-07-03, 07:22 PM
The good old power flow debate! Looked into gettin one made for my 2.0 16v. Went to the local power flow agent (who also sells tyres) to get a tyre price for a mate. As i walked in saw a Golf on the ramp, and some monkey was beating seven bells of somersets finest sh*t out of this exhaust! I asked the bloke behind the counter if he was fitting an exhaust or taking one off, bloke said 'hes just fitting a new system for a customer!' Nice snug fit that is then mate i thought as the hedger took another swing at it.

I had seen enough of Powerflow workmanship, got one built by Stealth motorsport in weston in the end, top job it was to.

Again is only a personal opinion.

dave.gsi
31-07-03, 11:18 PM
offered me a cat back system.

the only cat thats ever been near my car goes miow and leaves skiddies down the bonnet