PDA

View Full Version : Norwich Union

Fergie_sfc
30-07-03, 08:41 PM
rang up 2 weeks ago to tell them bout my mods.

said i was fitting body kit(front and sides), new wheels with locking wheel nuts, and lowering the car. they said that'll be an extra ?10 per month, well chuffed!!!

rang back 30 mins ago to acctivate quote. woman said 'can you just confirm what your putting on the car.......oh it only says your lowering the car with new 'standard' front bumper on.

so i was paying ?65 per month, then was gonna be ?75 per month.....now i'm gonna be charged ?95 per month and there only gonna take off ?1.58 per month for a thatcham approved cat 1 alarm and amobiliser!!!!

b**terds!!

fergie.

Aragorn
30-07-03, 10:37 PM
if your saying that they just added over ?350 quid to the policy because of some mods u need a new insurer

i paid an extra ?30 for my alloys, suspension and mk2 facelift which the insured as a bodykit

they want an extra ?15 for the 1.0 -> 1.4 conversion

methinkgs u should phone LV for a quote mate

Snowface
30-07-03, 11:43 PM
aragorn, are u with LV?

Can someone answer this question please:

If u change engine and not tell DVLA of diff engine size, when u go to ring up an insurance group and get a quote, their database links your Registration plate to the engine size through the V5 logbook doesn't it?

Does that mean u have to tell DVLA of diff engine size for insurance peeps to know that u got a diff engine? or can u just not tell DVLA (bad i know) and tell insurance that u have got bigger engine so they charge u extra.

Do they need proof of dif engine size (i.e. V5 logbook?)

Mark
30-07-03, 11:45 PM
Why would you want to tell the insurance company and not the DVLA?

Snowface
31-07-03, 12:29 AM
hassle, the engine block i got hasn't got a VIN number cause the block face has been skimmed. I can't just say to DVLA that its same VIN but has been bored out to almost 1400 from a 1.2.

Mark
31-07-03, 12:32 AM
Hmmn, I see your point.

Freak
31-07-03, 12:54 AM
if your saying that they just added over ?350 quid to the policy because of some mods u need a new insurer

Not really.
They are a business- by putting the listed mods on, from their statistics, he is more likely to have it stolen/broken into/crash it. That is based on statistics of previous mods etc.

norwich union are not a good company for mods- but they are a very good company- im with them myself.

Liverpool victoria..... :roll: hmmmmmmm coffdodgycoff

Mark
31-07-03, 12:58 AM
Direct Line - 1 years free NCB and a good price for the year. Can't ask for more. (Oh allright I could but I won't)

Fester
31-07-03, 12:59 AM
last year had a hefty conversation with LV when i had a policy with them, like a quality whore theyll take your money, give you what you want (certificate) and then leave u when u need them most (some cash back) unless you are really specific in what you want, declaring is not enough.

with flux you have to send off photos and even what type of tyres you have, far more comprehensive, they know what theyre insuring etc etc

Jim
31-07-03, 09:15 AM
How old are you Fergie_sfc?

When I was 18, I went to put some Alloys on my mums fiesta (I was on her insurance at the time). When she rang up to tell them they put her policy up by ?600 and refused to let me remain on her insurance. Some insurance companies don't like young drivers modding the car they are insured on.

Shop around for a new insurance company.

Jim

Fergie_sfc
31-07-03, 07:51 PM
i'm still only 18 with no no-claims and with pass plus certificate.

i have spoken to a few peeps and they think for my age its a real good quote and i've got off lightly!!!

might ring around but at least if i have a crash now i'll be insured. not gonna happen though............i hope :?

fergie.

hotdogs_r_us
31-07-03, 08:21 PM
My m8 crashed his nova a yr ago paided ?2200 for it was a 1.4SR with GSI kit tintis 16" alloys twin 40's and more he crashed day after, didnt tel lthem bout twin 40's and k & n and they guy came round looked at the damage and said that a be ?4000 to fix. so he stripped it for spares scapped it and LV paied out ?1300 as he brought the car back.!
So for him they were good