PDA

View Full Version : Regal autosport

Fergie_sfc
30-07-03, 08:37 PM
Car went in today to have the arches rolled and the shocks fitted.

dropped car off at 9:40am.....got a call at 11:45am saying car was ready for collection!!!

how quick were thay, didn't expect it to be that quick!!

front shocks were fine, rear shocks were apparantly 'fcuked'!!

so they put on AP uprated rear shocks with out asking me and then decided to charge me for them. could of at least asked.

i said can i test the car and see if they are what i want, so chris stewart (owner) came on a quick cruise for bout 3 miles, cars now solid as fcuk, round-a-bouts are no problem, really really nice to drive. loved it.....

.....until i saw the bill.....

.....?217.58!!!! :o

they charge a lot of labour and the shocks were ?27 each.

b**terds!!

fergie.

Mark
30-07-03, 08:41 PM
Let me get this right, they charged you ?81.79 PER HOUR!!!!
I'd be telling them where they can shove it!!

Fergie_sfc
30-07-03, 08:47 PM
no, bill was ?217

they charged ?100 to fit shocks, and from ?20-30 per arch(already did back arches my self but they tidied them up for me.)

and the new rear shocks were ?27 EACH...

so 217
minus 50(arches)
minus 100(shocks)
minus 54(rear shocks)

so that leaves ?13. i reckon they took money off the labour to cover the rear shocks caus they didn't ask me!!

maybe!

fergie.

novax
30-07-03, 09:10 PM
Well if you're happy with what you've paid then that's fine. Though I'd have kicked up about them fitting them without asking me.

Bit of a bloody cheek really

Mark
30-07-03, 09:33 PM
These days with everyone having a phone everywhere they go it's common curtesy to call before fitting parts.

Fergie_sfc
30-07-03, 09:33 PM
i did kick up but then chris said 'do you want to test them before you make up your mind caus i think you'll be surprised'

tested them and i fcukin love it, aint got car to tackle round-a-bouts at moment caus its back in body shop :cry:

fergie.

hotdogs_r_us
30-07-03, 09:39 PM
Nice :P

Aragorn
30-07-03, 10:17 PM
?100 for fitting all 4 shocks?

prolly took them about 30mins all in

which is why i did it meself

?15 for haynes manual

?0 for me

sorted

?Marty?
30-07-03, 11:40 PM
Replacing springs and/or shocks on a nova is dead easy!

And i would not have paid full price for the rear shocks, since the work was not contracted for.

I'd have said (after the test drive) "Cheers Chris, you were right, i am surprised and i accept your offer of the shocks (which forms a binding contract). I'll give you a fiver for them as full consideration (since no price was originally stipulated, but the contract is already formed, you only need to provide consideration for it to be valid). If you're not happy with that, my hairless friend, i'll see you in court for breach of contract.

(I have got flue, so i might not be thinking clearly).

Snowface
31-07-03, 12:13 AM
no, bill was ?217

thats including VAT i take it,

they only see about ?180 of that money.

?Marty?
31-07-03, 12:30 AM
Unless it was in cash, and they didn't give him a receipt, in which sace they may not even put it on the books and 'avoid' vat.

And the parts have a mark up on them too.