PDA

View Full Version : leather

jam-77-nova
30-06-12, 09:35 PM
right if putting leather front seats in from a calibra(for instance) do you have to have the orignal nova rear seats trimmed in leather or can the calibra(or other vaux) back seats be modified to fit the nova??? cos got no rear seats and 2 omp buckets in and wana swap back to full interior in leather..

Lewis.
30-06-12, 09:41 PM
you don't have to do either lol

the complete calibra/cav/whatever rear bench will not fit in the nova, it's just far too wide. however, I've seen peopleput the calibra leather covers, and trimmed foam onto nova bases, with varying degrees of success.

Others have custom Leather trimmed to fit nova foam/bases.

Or be like me, and have leather up front and cloth in the back lol

steviegsi
30-06-12, 11:14 PM
Or have cloth and, not slide about during enthusiastic cornering, and not burn the hole off yourself in summer, and not freeze the hole off you during winter.

Never seen the fascination with leather myself. lol

jam-77-nova
01-07-12, 01:53 AM
you don't have to do either lol

the complete calibra/cav/whatever rear bench will not fit in the nova, it's just far too wide. however, I've seen peopleput the calibra leather covers, and trimmed foam onto nova bases, with varying degrees of success.

Others have custom Leather trimmed to fit nova foam/bases.

Or be like me, and have leather up front and cloth in the back lol
yeah think i will copy you then & just put calibra fronts in and put gsi backseats in then maybe get backs trimmed in leather at a later date as aint cheap i imagine! how easy is it to put the fronts in from calibra?what mods needed etc

Lewis.
01-07-12, 01:37 PM
Or have cloth and, not slide about during enthusiastic cornering, and not burn the hole off yourself in summer, and not freeze the hole off you during winter.

Never seen the fascination with leather myself. lol

That's why I have half leather :thumb:

yeah think i will copy you then & just put calibra fronts in and put gsi backseats in then maybe get backs trimmed in leather at a later date as aint cheap i imagine! how easy is it to put the fronts in from calibra?what mods needed etc

What seats have you got at the moment? because you'll need the separate sub frames off a GSI/GTE/SR (pov spec seats are all in one piece) then it's just a case of fabricating some brackets to bolt to the seats, and weld to the sub frames.

Pistol Pete
01-07-12, 01:47 PM
My fronts we already done when i bought the car. The rears were started, finished by my mum!

IIRC the original fabric was used as a template...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Pete_58/Nova/frontseats.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Pete_58/Nova/backseats.jpg

Lynsey
01-07-12, 04:10 PM
I don't have leather seats but my front seats are out of a mk1 Astra and I had the rear bench retrimmed with the material from the rear bench from the Astra by Classic Car Services, top job :thumb:

jam-77-nova
01-07-12, 11:21 PM
That's why I have half leather :thumb:

What seats have you got at the moment? because you'll need the separate sub frames off a GSI/GTE/SR (pov spec seats are all in one piece) then it's just a case of fabricating some brackets to bolt to the seats, and weld to the sub frames.

have 2 omp buckets in at min a noticed drivers is bolted on to orignal nova gsi sub frames but passenger is lower than driver n not on orignal subs, i bought car as is so not 100%

Benn
02-07-12, 01:13 PM
Leather looks great and smells lush. I've never slid about on mine. Yes it gets very hot in the summer, but you get used to it...
If you really wanna do it, i'd use Cav seats and they look better and get the rear seats re trimmed to match (using cav rears for ease)

Or keep an eye on ebay for some...

jam-77-nova
02-07-12, 08:57 PM
loads on ebay mate but tent to be calibra or mk4-5 astra not seen any cav ones

MK999
02-07-12, 08:59 PM
Cav ones don't tilt forward do they?

Pistol Pete
02-07-12, 09:42 PM
No. The Cav coupe ones do lol

jam-77-nova
03-07-12, 12:20 AM
another seat related q are the heating systems easy enough to fit into nova,s? with the switch panel from calibra fitted aswell obviously,, as have seen a few for sale

Benn
03-07-12, 08:00 AM
I didn't think of the tilt, Cav one just look better...

Use the buttons from a Cav/Cally in the Nova panel (where they are ment to be between the window switches)

jam-77-nova
03-07-12, 05:22 PM
i thought calibra,cav,astra,and all over vaux ones from that era are the same style seats

Benn
03-07-12, 07:22 PM
No, Cav and Astra look the same, Calibra ones look/are different.

Cav,

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk112/Clarky_man/FrontSeats.jpg

Calibra,

http://is00.thegumtree.com/image/big/128085744.jpg

jam-77-nova
03-07-12, 07:42 PM
havent seen any cav ones so hadnt noticed but have seen loads looking same as calibra's newer astras,zafiras,loads more tigras look like cav ones but have a full headrest like the calibras not one your cav ones hav,,,,, so what cav ones do i need to search for them that arent fixed

andyredtop83
03-07-12, 08:21 PM
Most calibras had leather but only top spec and turbo cavs had leather so calibra leather is a lot more common. But as said before as all cavs were 4 or 5 door the front seats wont tilt so arent any good for a nova unless you got a more door loon or 5 door hatchback.

jam-77-nova
03-07-12, 11:46 PM
was going to go for tigra's but remembered might not tilt and 2ndly no back seat to trim off lol

jam-77-nova
04-07-12, 12:06 AM
astra coupe lookin best bet but there not cheap, nowere near as cheap as calibra anyway talkin nearly 3 times price and cant decide between the half leather with alacantra middles blue or white version or full leather, the two tone leather nice but only seen blk /red and are around 400+??!!!

Benn
04-07-12, 03:22 PM
The red and blaco leather is very very nice and very rare. So you'll paid for that.

jam-77-nova
04-07-12, 05:12 PM
theres a couple sets on ebay of red n black leather at minute,(red leather down middle black leather sides) but hate color red so that makes that easy lol i quite like the 1/2 leather alacantra middles but only seen white and blue upto now

Benn
04-07-12, 05:19 PM
The alacantra is stunning, but can get very dirty.

jam-77-nova
08-07-12, 01:22 AM
the blk red linea rossa 400 both sets ive seen and seen alacantra in blk/blue & blk/white what other colours is there do you know?? goner go for either the cream leather or alacantra depending what colors they do

Benn
08-07-12, 09:28 AM
Think that's it.

dan23
09-07-12, 09:53 PM
to fit the fronts remove the stanadad nova seat sub frame put it against the calibra seat theres a bit you need to cut of then it can be welded in place

you ned a 1 piece rear bench from a pov specs nove an 60/40 split back rests to fit the calibra leather in the rear you cut the clibra sponge so it fits the nova parts
i have a guide somewere

jam-77-nova
09-07-12, 09:56 PM
am lookin at astra coupe leather now as been told n shown on here is much better looking is it same to fit that?