PDA

View Full Version : Test drive the nova

novadave24
30-06-12, 01:45 PM
Hello everyone i found a nova i might buy took it for a test drive just one thing ant sure of wehn it drives alone it makes a knocking noise from the front ant sure what it be sounds like something is lose or something ?

Iain
30-06-12, 01:51 PM
Anything it is should be fairly easily rectified on a Nova assuming its not cos the crossmember is rotting off! Could be steering rack, a balljoint/track rod end, lower arm/tie bar bush etc. Looking at about £30 max to fix any of those.

novadave24
30-06-12, 01:54 PM
ok cheers what abot if its the crossmember is that easy to do and not to much ? if it is i offer them scrap price for it :)

Alex J
30-06-12, 02:16 PM
scrap it

paul james
30-06-12, 02:20 PM
Sounds like you haven't had a good look around and underneath it then. Take a torch, wear some clothes you don't mind getting grubby, and have a good look around and under the car. You should be looking at areas like the crossmember (which is a spot welded on section) for rust, check everywhere for rust as thats the main issue you'll have with a nova.

It could also be something simple as a knackered or missing rubber bump stop on a front shock.

Edd
30-06-12, 02:31 PM
scrap it

Shouldn't you be smashing up your 5 turbo instead of spamming up png ? lol

Alex J
30-06-12, 03:41 PM
Shouldn't you be smashing up your 5 turbo instead of spamming up png ? lolin hospital with a wrecked arm , so i cant lol

novadave24
30-06-12, 04:51 PM
yeah ant really got under it to look i might have a look at it tomorrow and see then thanks for the help :)

swedge
30-06-12, 04:57 PM
i once had a knocking noise on the front of my mk4 astra was in quick fit at the time so asked them to have a look

your struts are knackered he said, so off i went, got home and checked it

it was the speaker from my alarm broken off and swinging about lol

check the simpelest oof things first

novadave24
02-07-12, 11:00 AM
you know what it could be that because its got one in there but not working it could be that then i go up there later and see if its lose cor somethings a lol