PDA

View Full Version : to sell or not to sell!!!!!

nova_t
28-06-12, 02:13 PM
Hi all wanna see what you lot would do in my situation right me and the misses have just found out we are expecting another baby and I don't know what to do with the saloon do I sell it and buy a better family car or leave it in the back garden not knowing when I will get it back on the road or do I strip it take c20let out take cage out turn it back to standerd and then use as a family car after all it is a 5 door and its got a big boot lol let me know what you think thanks

Alex J
28-06-12, 02:31 PM
get rid, your turbo days are over lol

calibra-keith
28-06-12, 02:36 PM
one of my mates has just found out there having baby, sold his evo straight away and he said he would never get rid(id class it as a family car just not cheap to run), i guess things like that can change way of thinking fast

chambers1984
28-06-12, 02:41 PM
depends if you need the money. if not just park it up for weekend use and get a family car.

Southie
28-06-12, 02:41 PM
Keep the saloon and get an abortion.

nova_t
28-06-12, 02:57 PM
If we wanted to have an abortion I wouldn't b asking this now think there's a chance of building some sort of shelter in my back garden n leaving it there on axle stands for a while

turbojolt
28-06-12, 03:02 PM
not cool!

sell the engine and running gear to me really really cheap, then buy a xe and put that in there will make a good family car and still be fun for blasting around in by your self, simples.

novadave24
28-06-12, 03:03 PM
keep the saloon mate use it for a weekend car :)

Iain
28-06-12, 03:07 PM
Keep the saloon and get an abortion.

Lmfao blunt. lol

Southie
28-06-12, 03:16 PM
If we wanted to have an abortion I wouldn't b asking this now think there's a chance of building some sort of shelter in my back garden n leaving it there on axle stands for a while
It wasn't a serious answer obviously :tumble:

sr-rompa
28-06-12, 08:53 PM
Keep it make it a clean example of a saloon like I am trying with my saloon. Dnt help with the kids and mrs but that's what having a family about lad . U got the blue saloon yer ?

mowgli
28-06-12, 09:16 PM
keep it.. its not worth that much & if you sold it, she'd blow the money on a picasso anyway.....(i mean the creme egg car & not the painting)

cheap mpv's are all over the place these days... just get one of those if you feel the need....

gaz w
28-06-12, 11:12 PM
just becouse your mrs is pregnant doesn't mean you have to get rid of the the nova, i've got three kids and we manage fine in my nova, we have a zafira aswell though

Novasport
28-06-12, 11:28 PM
If you are even thinking about it then its days are numbered. She will give you so much grief til its gone lol

TeddyThom
29-06-12, 01:54 AM
Strip the shell, sell the shell, buy a more door loon. Sorted. Family car. Win.

Gaz1300SR
29-06-12, 08:04 AM
I was in a similar situation 2 years ago. Knew I had a baby on the way and thought to myself there is no way I am putting my kid in something as unsafe as a nova. I decided to sell it and get something safer. Anyway I set a price I was happy to take for the SR and wouldn't budge from it. Offer fell a hundred ish short of the 1500 I wanted so I ended up keeping it under a cover for a bit. So bought something else as well as keeping it.

Not long after buying the new car it got wrote off in a nasty accident....... in the nova it would of been a different matter being hit at about 60 in the passenger side where my pregnant missus was sat.

Just a thought.

Old man Jimbo
29-06-12, 08:32 AM
Yeah I wouldn't be driving around in a nova in this day and age with kids/wife/pregnant women.

But I kept mine even though two nippers have arrived. Granted it's a bare shell in the garage and as a bare shell it's moved house four times! lol

I have no money to finish it but then if yours is a finished product that wont be an issue. Don't get rid if you don't have to as you'll just breed contempt for the wife (you'll have enough of that later in life) I just see my car as on pause until the kids feck off and hopefully the wife too! Parasites the lot of them....lol

mk1nova_rich
29-06-12, 10:09 AM
It doesnt really matter what you want, your lass will decide whats happening lol

nova_t
29-06-12, 11:25 AM
Yh its the blue saloon turbo and we have decided to keep it in back garden for abit get it up on axle stands covet the brakes and build a shelter thanks for the advice. Now I need some advice on leaving it to stand for a while what should I do yo stop things from seasing up and breaking lol so far I know it gotta go on axle stands so suspension isn't being used wheels of and brakes coverd so they don't rust any thing else

Old man Jimbo
29-06-12, 04:45 PM
Don't FFS leave it on grass or gravel etc it'll rot faster than normal! lol

If your going to leave it for a long time get the wax oil out. I had a minter than mint MKII Fiesta that I left parked up on the old dears gravel drive. looked okay outside but a couple of years later it was dead. Almost rotted from the inside out. It was the maddest thing ever and I should of took pictures. But outside it was as I left it. Underneath just collapsed.

sr-rompa
29-06-12, 05:15 PM
Just keep the ground were its gona stay dry as u possibley. Can like card board under car and like old man Jim said get the wax oil put and treat it to a good coat or two

Gaz1300SR
29-06-12, 05:45 PM
Get a decent cover too, make sure its breathable though.

blue_peg_16v
29-06-12, 09:15 PM
It doesnt really matter what you want, your lass will decide whats happening lol

Not if your a man she won't my x wife tried that nova is still here she ain't, wasn't the fact I liked the car tho I do, was the fact she tried to force me to sell it she made the ultimatum her or the car, novas are a night mare but women are worse lol

Southie
29-06-12, 09:23 PM
I sold my nova to fund getting married lol Actually I'm glad about it though, cars are replaceable happyness ain't.... I do want another Nova now I'm married lol