PDA

View Full Version : carb flat spot plz help

pottersrebel
27-06-12, 09:22 PM
hi all as a few know i race 1300 stock cars and ive been having a problem with my carb.
we have to run the pierberg 2e3 and the one carb im using has developed a flat spot when you hit the gas, we run the carbs with all the unneccesary bits removed and pipe the second choke to open with the first choke.
ive had the carb apart and cleaned all the jets ( even done a cycle in the dish washer ) and still the same ive borrowed another carb and that runs perfect so i know its down to the carb.
Anyone got any ideas wat it cud be?

Dave A
27-06-12, 09:48 PM
Try backing off the accelerator pump a tad. If its pumping too much fuel in it will momentarily flood the engine. Its on the right hand side towards the base of the carb, you should be able to slacken the bolt off and just turn the cam slightly.

pottersrebel
27-06-12, 09:59 PM
i did try using the bottom half off another carb i have with the top half of the one i cleaned and i still have the same thing mate but i will give it a shot as it does sound like its about to flood. it just seems to hesitate for a second then its fine but its no good for racing as i keep gettin hit coming out of a bend, i still owe u those pics mate just been a bit stressed with the racing