11:15pm set off, 2 of us again sharing the driving
4:10am sunday arrived scafell pike
5am sent the 4 lads up the mountain in torrential rain
1:00pm they reappeared
1:05pm, mugs of tea & sausage sandwiches & climbed back into the car
1:30pm the lads decided they were too knackered/injured to climb snowdon
6:30pm arrived back at mkt harborough

1 hr sleep
14 hrs climbing (luckily not me, i was drying out clothes & prepping food etc..)
19hrs driving
the rest was food stops...

i then went home & couldn't get to sleep till 1:00am monday am due to massive ingress of caffeine, lucozade & kendal mint cake

so we tried the 3 peaks challenge, and failed

but next year we won't, even though the start to finish time of 24hrs is a but optimistic..and i plan to have a crack at it

anyone else done it?

pie
25-06-12, 10:47 PM
im knackerd just reading it never mind doing it f lol lol

i wouldnt mind having ago tbh duno how far id get before i give up n fell to the ground lol

mowgli
25-06-12, 11:09 PM
my mate trained for months & he looked like a zombie after the second climb

i had a bit of time to kill on sunday morning so set off up the track in my cheap trainers, & went maybe 2 miles, but the path was actually a stream 3" deep.. my trainers seemed pretty good over the rocks, but tha lads were actually wearing proper hiking books & my mate had enormous blisters, it was pretty rough

there are 2 ways up scafell pike & we'd chosen the less popular one, as the most popular one is next to a river & the river was 6' up on its normal level....most climbers actually gave up as they simply couldn't get to the start line..

mk1nova_rich
26-06-12, 11:22 AM
No but always wanted to do it. Only done the Three Peaks of Yorkshire which is a good starting point :thumb:

mk1nova_rich
26-06-12, 11:24 AM
Also done Snowdon and Scafell Pike on separate occasions...Snowdon being by far the easier of the two lol

turbojolt
26-06-12, 11:26 AM
so you was there biatch?

mowgli
26-06-12, 04:29 PM
Also done Snowdon and Scafell Pike on separate occasions...Snowdon being by far the easier of the two lol

damn right, theres a sodding train

marc69
27-06-12, 07:00 PM
Although you didn't succeed all the peaks, without sunding corny.......it has to be the attempting that is really impressive, especially taking into consideration the weather that weekend.

I'm impressed anyway.

mowgli
27-06-12, 07:13 PM
i'd never seen that amount of flooding before... trying to drive to a deadline on wet motorways was fun and a half too