PDA

View Full Version : Springs

pickle2000
30-07-03, 11:46 AM
I have got some Koni shocks with -60mm GMAX springs and I need to get some -40mm springs to take the hardness off the ride.

Regal have offered me ?67.86 for a set of PI -40mm lowering springs.
They have also said that they can supply Koni bump stops for ?4.00 each.

Does this sound like a good deal?
Are PI springs reliable?

Cheers
Pickle

Ben (lurk75)
30-07-03, 11:50 AM
I had PI stuff on my GSi before i bought my coil overs, it was excellent never had any problems with it.

NovaNeil
02-08-03, 08:20 PM
You want to heighten your car....... :cry: STRANGE BOY, its sort off defeats the object of modding but never mind.

I had some 60mm Pi springs and found they were fine.

Stuart
02-08-03, 08:35 PM
it cant be helped, he does live in royston lmao (oh arse so do i, then again i pretend like i dont :( )

pickle2000
03-08-03, 10:40 PM
LOL... :D
Cambridge - the roads around here are pretty awful.... lol...

The only reason why I am doing it is because of the (seemingly) damaging effects on my car. If I go over a med/large pot hole or bump in the road the travel of the shocks appears to be compromised, and so there is a loud 'bang' in the car. I think that it has cause it to knock the tracking out a bit this time around.
I think that it must be the Koni shocks that I am using - I don't think that they are designed to have anything lower than -40mm springs on them.

Yeah - it does seem a bit strange to be 'raising' it back up again, but it will make my travelling a lot easier.... :wink:
I will probably just put on the -40mm springs so that the ride is a bit softer, and keep the -60mm ones to put back on when the car has had its bodykit fitted and then re-sprayed.

Stuart
03-08-03, 11:02 PM
the roads are fine lol

well better than the welsh roads anyway.

just get lower poundage springs, or progressive ones