PDA

View Full Version : i have a idea people

gteben
23-06-12, 06:21 PM
ive noticed on some car forums that they have a freebie part . for unwanted car parts an stuff . and a swop's bit. so u can swop your old parts for stuff you need to get your car on the road. and well it maybe a good idea as atleast then people can look.. an for some people it will help. an help memebers get rid of there stuff for things they need

maybe worth a idea

just two new attachments to the forum

freebie section----- unwanted parts that maybe useful to some one else

an swops section----- for parts you dont want but are willing to swop for parts you need

the other reason i throught it maybe a good the classic mini forums do this an stick together and it will help other people get there pride an joys back on the road an keep the spirit of the nova together again

what do you think ???

turbojolt
23-06-12, 06:35 PM
the mini scene is massive compared to the nova one, so i doubt a swap and free area would be used enough to justify some one doing all the work adding them to the forum.

in short its as likely to be put in action as a spotted area lol

pikey1986
23-06-12, 06:35 PM
that happens on png too, ive had mowgli help me out with a stuck mk3 astra TRE in the past, the norveners are always mincing about with one and other lol

edit

also i have been sent a couple of small parts in the past that have cost me nowt, GDN16v being the most recent

Dan Stanley
23-06-12, 09:37 PM
Sounds like a good idea. It'd probably work better for those members who live close enough to each other to pick the parts up.

Asa-James
23-06-12, 09:56 PM
Set up a stickied swap shop in regional forums possibly?

gteben
24-06-12, 12:26 AM
see what i mean its a good idea. but what you could do is taking light to your ideas instead of just sticking by to near by people. if people are willing to send paymant then they could be sent by post...
ive got parts im more then willing to send people.. anythink to help a fellow nova lover out an keep these good girls on the road

marc69
24-06-12, 12:41 AM
Which mini sites do this? That would be great......

I have run minis for over ten years and a few poeple are happy to swap parts but, the mini scene has become very expensive and few people want to give anything let alone swap. I have been ripped off many times the last few years from mini folk with faulty bits so have withdrawn from the mini scene. many past membwers have als done this. Over the last 5 years most mini bits I have paid for or swapped have been from the morris minor scene, now they really have the ethic of keeping things going and helping each other. ( I get honoury memebership just for helping keep a few of thier members cars going!).

I think a lot of people here would be interested in something like you suggested as it is clear people are more than happy to exchange experiences and knowledge. I have found people here really helpful and have gained a lot just from advice and I am sure I'm not the only one.

gteben
24-06-12, 01:05 AM
well the only thing is now is ill leave it for a couple of days on here an see what people think. and if its all good still need the forum owner to start it up...
but going back to mini'z i totally agreee i owned a mini25 an i loved it. id swop parts all day long . an i help't people out then it changed an got rip't off an other things happened. so i came away from the mini scene

the only thing i must say that needs to be on this site about this swop's thing or freebies is that people have to remember its to help keep other poeples novas on the road .. there needs to be rules
so i would happily like to hear them....
reason for rules is we dont want people getting stung by people swopping parts...
there needs to be honest an thruth
if you pay your postage an items dont turn up. then its a pay pal matter not png
i only reckon you should send payments as gifts if you trust the member. as there is people out who will ruin it for others
so be honest

mk1nova_rich
24-06-12, 08:58 AM
I find you can't give stuff away tbh...If I want to advertise free items I just include the word FREE in the thread title. Even then its all crap stuff that unless someone wants specific bits and bobs it wont shift. I've sent a couple of bits in the past and covered a couple of quid postage. This was in reply to wanted threads...the best way to shift low value unwanted parts IMO (apart from binning lol)

Regarding the swap system, it is asking for trouble IMO...some people will take the piss and spoil it. Its just a lot more work for the Admin/Mods and will be much harder to monitor.

So in general I'm against it and think the forum should remain how it is, but fair play for taking the time to suggest it :thumb:

pie
24-06-12, 09:03 AM
when you write a sale ad: just write free or swop in the title etc :)

gteben
24-06-12, 09:42 AM
well thank you people for relpyies.. very valled points

Stuart
24-06-12, 09:45 AM
Just list a free in the normal classified locations.

gteben
24-06-12, 09:48 AM
morning staurt i think its going to stay the same way. i think out of everythink a swops section would be a good idea in all fairness.

Stuart
24-06-12, 10:03 AM
Just put "swap" in the thread title then.

Andy
24-06-12, 10:13 AM
Just put "swap" in the thread title then.
This potentially could create problems as what if somebody has something that only one person wants and said person has nowt but money to swap?
Thus "price per forum rules" gets circumvented??

Angus Closier
24-06-12, 10:23 AM
This potentially could create problems as what if somebody has something that only one person wants and said person has nowt but money to swap?
Thus "price per forum rules" gets circumvented??

That's not hard.

Loads of times I have put in F/S add's £10 or swap for xyz

Andy
24-06-12, 10:50 AM
That's not hard.

Loads of times I have put in F/S add's £10 or swap for xyz

i agree,but for some,it is lol

Angus Closier
24-06-12, 10:53 AM
i agree,but for some,it is lol

lol

Jon_nova1
24-06-12, 11:01 AM
can we have a gay section too?

Although its a good idea i think its easier putting the price or will swap for...

just look at the likes of EBay, swaps are prohibited but people still have the intuition to say that they are are selling this car as they want that car, essentially offering a swap

Bubba
24-06-12, 11:32 AM
can we have a gay section too?

just click the forum button...lol

Southie
24-06-12, 01:51 PM
If it ain't broke... don't fix it IMO.

Mike
24-06-12, 01:54 PM
If it ain't broke... don't fix it IMO.

This^.

Over engineering FTL.