PDA

View Full Version : Fitting coilovers

rick_89
23-06-12, 12:16 PM
Im goin to attemp to fit my coilovers just wondering if sumone xould do me a quick run through in what order i shouldbe doing things and is there any specific do's & dont's when fitting and how long will it take?

Cheers

Graeme
23-06-12, 12:31 PM
Undo two bolt at the bottom to knuckle, undo two bolts on strut top to body, remove old strut, refitting is a reverse process, thats for the front, the rear is even easier

Iain
23-06-12, 12:34 PM
Takes 1 hour to 1 day depending on if you've had stuff apart, skill level, etc.

Follow Haynes for removal and refitting, have a search on here for topmounts if you're not going for alloy ones, and there may be some clearance 'persuasion' needed on the rear if you're fitting coilovers on the back.

rick_89
23-06-12, 01:07 PM
Do i need new top mounts

Iain
23-06-12, 05:06 PM
You can reuse your existing topmounts (top half, removing the original spring platform plate)

Or buy new topmounts, which is a nice idea as you can get them all built up ready to bolt on the car, and you may find your existing topmounts are knackered

Or you can splash some cash on something like this, but they can sometimes be more hassle to fit! http://www.compbrake.com/suspension-accessories/top-mounts/vauxhall-nova-adj-top-mounts-pair.html