PDA

View Full Version : List of things needed for v6 brake conversion

BROD
22-06-12, 08:01 PM
Hi lads, bought my nova yesterday and apparently shes got astra gte brakes but after taking her out yesterday im starting to think they are off a wheelchair or something, spongey as hell and not exactly reasurring. Id like to fit v6 brakes but not quite sure on everything that is needed and what model to get parts from etc. I currently have tigra wheels but will be changing to a set of cesaros hopefully so obviously have to fit under these. If anyone could give me a list of parts or even links to ebay etc. that would be fantastic!
thanks for reading. :thumb:

turbojolt
22-06-12, 08:18 PM
you tried bleeding the system first mate, because the gte brakes are good stoppers on a nova

conza123
22-06-12, 09:12 PM
your gonna probley want a bigger servo/master cylinder for a start if your v6 braking it

Edd
22-06-12, 09:28 PM
Sounds like you need to sort out the system you got

Rears set up correctly ?
New fluid/bled them ?

mk1nova_rich
22-06-12, 09:46 PM
Rear drums adjusted properly, all bled properly etc...

Astra GTE brakes should be slowing you down quickly no problem on a Nova

BROD
22-06-12, 10:26 PM
I just bought the car of a mate yesterday so havent had chance to check, he said it has gte brakes but he put it through mot the day i bought it, funny thing is, when we were out last week under heavy braking the wheel would shake. Warped discs were my guess but the car doesnt seem to be doing this now so im wondering whether hes changed them back to standard, ill get the wheels off and have a check tomorow :)
Thanks for the help (Y)