PDA

View Full Version : Vented Astra GSi vent...

Neil.
30-07-03, 12:53 AM
sorry i know ive done this post again but i need a fresh reply...
Ive just got a set of Astra GSI vents, ready for gluing on, how do i put the holes in them and where abouts should i cut?

Cheers
Neil

brian
30-07-03, 01:03 AM
are they G.M ones? if so the black under bit should indicate what to cut. use a jigsaw. place them where ya thing they look right.

Snowface
30-07-03, 01:13 AM
www.topbuzz.co.uk has an excellent guide on this.

Neil.
30-07-03, 01:14 AM
nah dont think so, just like hollow underneithe, got em from carismastyle.co.uk

there isn't a hole in the side either.

brian
30-07-03, 01:29 AM
are they just a stick on jobbie so with no hole at all?

Neil.
30-07-03, 01:35 AM
i think so, they've got hole underneithe, nopt one for air to go in... i thought they were the propper thing, but obviously not :evil:

ade
30-07-03, 08:52 AM
post a pic - you can mod them to act like real ones

Just make sure when cutting the bonnet you cut the hole a little smaller than needed (then file it bigger) - dont cut any bonnet supports and use proper mastic to hold it in place not silicone.

Better still use epoxy resin or sicoflex (think thats how its spelt)

Ben (lurk75)
30-07-03, 11:36 AM
I have these, they are the proper thing fitted professionally, i bought them already done of Colin Smith for ?30 :lol:

Look in my feature if you want to see pics to line yours up with.

?Marty?
31-07-03, 05:09 PM
Bough some off Vauxhall for ?40 a year ago. Think they look good if you swap them over so they face 'the wrong way', rather than fitting them in same way as on Astras.

Fester
31-07-03, 05:41 PM
thats your excuse then :lol: :lol:

Neil.
31-07-03, 06:33 PM
suppose i could put em sideways like an evo vent.....ummmm not sure yet!

Jules
31-07-03, 06:55 PM
Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
For the love of God don't do it!!!

Bit dramatic I know but they will look awful!! Best bet would be to stick 'em in the same as they are on Astra Gsi's (Sorry Marty but that's the way I prefer 'em - although I'm sure yours look very nice aswell!! :wink: )

Neil.
31-07-03, 07:21 PM
yeah think im gonna stick em same place as astra gsi, with my COLOUR CODED BUMPERS!

Jules
31-07-03, 07:37 PM
HeHeHe!! Fair play m8 - It's your car do it how you like!!
But are you sure that's your final answer? You still have ask the audience and phone a firend!!!
:lol:

mikeoxford
01-08-03, 12:30 AM
yeah jules :lol: AND phone a friend :wink:

brian
01-08-03, 12:35 AM
put them on the way they are on an Astra. its the only way they look right to me anyway

?Marty?
01-08-03, 01:34 AM
Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
For the love of God don't do it!!!

Bit dramatic I know but they will look awful!! Best bet would be to stick 'em in the same as they are on Astra Gsi's (Sorry Marty but that's the way I prefer 'em - although I'm sure yours look very nice aswell!! :wink: )

:lol:

I actually had them in the correct location, and the right way round on mine. I say had, as that was in my previous bonnet (with a scooby vent too) which i've now discarded. Have a subtle yet effective Monteray vent for now.

But if you put them in the correct locations (as on Astra) BUT swap the left with the right (so vents point inwards, not outwards) they look great. My mate had it on his Grey GSi.