PDA

View Full Version : Quote.

Gazza14SR
30-07-03, 12:41 AM
As i am loosing 3 points off my liscence soon, I am thinking about going in my own name. (in parents atm)

I got this quote from CIS (co-op)

Third Party Fire & Theft
1.4SRI 1992
6 points (SP30)
NCD 0
Pass Plus No

?1,557.96

I thought that was really good, considering i'm 18 aswell.

What do you think?

cheers

burgo
30-07-03, 12:45 AM
fone liverpool victoria ull get it cheaper than that me m8 got a quote off them for a 1.4sr no no claims and just passed for ?1200

Ben (lurk75)
30-07-03, 12:46 AM
Is that with all mods declared eg: twin 40's etc etc

You have a bad driving history dont you? Porbably not that bad a quote, end of the day if you think its worth while then do it. As long as you can afford to pay it.

Your paying nigh on ?1k on your parents arent you? Would be a good time tyo start to build up your own NCB.

Gazza14SR
30-07-03, 12:47 AM
Do they have a online quote system?

cheers

burgo
30-07-03, 12:49 AM
well that was for a standard 1.4 sr and that was a quote off the net im pretty sure he foned up and got it cheaper and liverpool victoria have online quote system yeah

Ben (lurk75)
30-07-03, 12:49 AM
I doubt if they will quote you gaz they are trying to lose a lot of the high risk business, no offence meant.

Gazza14SR
30-07-03, 12:56 AM
i am selling my car at the minute and getting a complete standard 1400sri. Thats why i am thinking about going in my own name. I am loosing 3 points soon also, which has benifitted my quotes too.

just got a quote on liverpool victoria and it will fluctuate between ?1321.86 - ?1461* in my own name.

Just did another 1 with liverpool victoria and if i was in my mums name and had a quote with them it was ?574.22 - ?634.67*

Both of them are better than what i am with atm.

The reason am selling the car is cuz i am fed up of being pulled over every other day and even some times having to take 3 producer slips to the cop shop every other week. You can hear the car nearly a mile away though!

burgo
30-07-03, 12:59 AM
rign em tomorra i bet ull get it down to about ?1200

ade
30-07-03, 08:46 AM
I'm so glad I'm old and have 5 yrs protected ncd.

Got my new quote through the other day = less than ?200 (?206 when you add the apr on for the dd's).

All declared...

I cant see how anyone would pay that much to drive a car - most people who drive at 20 or less drive cars that are worth 1/4 of the insurance they pay!

(feels embarassed to work for car insurance)

Dicko
30-07-03, 08:59 AM
i take it you were driving b4 you wer old enough if you have points that ur loosing soon and your only 18?

Ben (lurk75)
30-07-03, 10:21 AM
he got them for speeding on a moped.

dave.gsi
30-07-03, 10:30 AM
lol, how is that possible??

Dave
30-07-03, 10:41 AM
The reason am selling the car is cuz i am fed up of being pulled over every other day and even some times having to take 3 producer slips to the cop shop every other week. You can hear the car nearly a mile away though!

if that's true an you're not doin anything to deserve it (driving like a nob) try to get a harrassment case set up, phone up a soliciter an see what they say. mate got a nasty letter written to local police an he hasn't been pulled for over 2 years

Gazza14SR
30-07-03, 01:15 PM
I dont drive like a nob at all. I've lernt my lesson, you think its funny having to fork out nearly twice insurance, paying for lessons again, theory test again, and then paying for the actual test again as well as the 255pound fine i got at court? I'm not having ago, i know it was my fault and i was very stupid but why should you keep having to pay the price almost a year later. The police follow me for afew minutes while their computer in the car scans my details and they think ooo hes got 9 points lets pull him over see if we can do him for sumthin else. My mums wrote a letter to the lcoal mp, i've got names and badge numbers and times and dates that i've been pulled up as evidence. (when i ask them for it, they seem abit p!ssed!, serves'em right) Its really beginning to fcuk me off. I've even had pc f'n plod sit in my car to check the darkness of my window tints and measure my number plates.
As for the moped, well, it was a derestricted 50cc and a copper got me on a lazer gun doing 36.

Like i say, i'm not having a go i just get annoyed because of one stupid moment of madness.

Tilly
30-07-03, 01:19 PM
I'm so glad I'm old

(feels embarassed to work for car insurance)

so there are advantages of growing old gracefully????

hotdogs_r_us
30-07-03, 08:26 PM
fone liverpool victoria ull get it cheaper than that me m8 got a quote off them for a 1.4sr no no claims and just passed for ?1200

No he wont

I am 17 just passed wuoted ?1800 on a SRI and ?1500 on a SR coz its SRI its more.

Yes gaz seems good Quote :+:

Gazza14SR
30-07-03, 08:40 PM
Think i might go with cis. Anyways, anyone intrested in a set of twin40s with manifold etc ready to fit into their car? Gonna sell them seperate to the car as i'd get more for it that way.