PDA

View Full Version : Injectors

boomtings1
17-06-12, 10:41 PM
I have an x16xe which will be running around 150bhp and redline at 7500rpm. Will c20xe injectors fit? Iv noticed there are a few different colors which ones are the best?
Thanks

mowgli
17-06-12, 11:07 PM
i assume its been remapped??? if so, the std injectors should be fine, or go with the recommendation of the bloke who is mapping it

bazil
17-06-12, 11:10 PM
What XE ones blue or cream?

What FPR are you running ? 2.5 or 3 bar?

The colours help identify what flow rate they are,

boomtings1
17-06-12, 11:13 PM
Yeh its just mapped by myself for now, but only to 7000 rpm until i fit the ARP rod bolts, just want to make sure it has everything it needs to cope before i pay somebody to map it.

boomtings1
17-06-12, 11:15 PM
What XE ones blue or cream?

What FPR are you running ? 2.5 or 3 bar?

The colours help identify what flow rate they are,

Its at 3 bar, What has better flow rate, blue or cream?

bazil
17-06-12, 11:17 PM
Blue, Search online for a Bosch injector flow rate chart but you'll need the injector part number

250cc @ 3 bar

boomtings1
18-06-12, 09:27 PM
Thanks guys, been looking up on injector flow rates at 3bar, here is what i found.
x16xe-Black-165cc
c20xe-Cream-248cc
c20xe-Blue-251cc
c20let-Red-315cc

Think i will get some cream ones, seen some recons cheapish.

Stuart
18-06-12, 09:33 PM
Out of interest what management are you running?

boomtings1
18-06-12, 09:36 PM
Out of interest what management are you running?

Its Gotech MFI Pro.

Adam
18-06-12, 10:14 PM
What engine spec is it?
Bear in mind if you go messing with the fuel pressure/injectors it'll throw your map out.

bazil
18-06-12, 10:20 PM
LET ones ( 0280 150 420 ) are yellow, Saab turbo are red,

boomtings1
18-06-12, 10:49 PM
What engine spec is it?
Bear in mind if you go messing with the fuel pressure/injectors it'll through your map out.

Its got power box, 4-2-1 manifold, 2.25 exhaust system, ported and polished head, 264 cams, ported lower inlet and TB. Iv got some vernier pulleys and the rod bolts to put on. Im also going to get a 4-1 manifold so it bumps the power higher up the rpm range injectors and solid belt pulleys from SBD, so i will be doing it all in 1 go when i have collected all the bits and re do the map myself before getting it done properly so its easier for them and keep the cost of the mapping down.

dstevenson
18-06-12, 11:52 PM
Hi,

I am running cream injectors on my X14XE engine putting out 173bhp, 126ftlbs. Fuel pressure is at 3 Bar.

Check out the SBD tuning guides on their website and you will see their recomendations for injectors/pressures, etc. for various power outputs from their kits. The best power increase is to be gained by ditching the complete inlet system and fitting throttle bodies. I am running the DBilas ITB set-up which can be had for a lot less than the Jenvey jobbies and is working very well for me - the plenum inlet helps the engine produce very healthy/flat torque curve and engine pulls strong from 2500 rpm.

I found that the vernier pullies did nothing when we played with the cam timing on the rolling road - might have been pure luck but we could get no worthwhile improvement and ended back at standard markings - look flash tho, lol!

Solid idlers, etc. are more for very high reving race engines (>8K rpm) - can't see it being worthwhile on the spec you are going for.

4-2-1 is the recomended manifold for this engine - best balance of power/torque, etc. - thats what all the top spec motors (using BTB, TLE, etc. manifolds) are running so........

Problem with these engines that the cost is exponential once you go anything over the standard spec as everything needs replaced with motorsport bits to keep it all together and reliable, lol!

David

Stuart
19-06-12, 09:00 AM
how in the name of hell did you get Dilbert diabolical TB's for less than Jenveys? lol unless you are comparing used with new then thats not fair :p