PDA

View Full Version : 20xe inlet manifold

clemo
14-06-12, 10:12 PM
Hi everyone I have finally taken the plunge and bought a redtop engine it is of 20xe engine code not c20xe but I have been given boxes and boxes of parts with it for the conversion etc, in with it are 2 ecus and 2 inlet manifolds my question at the minute is to do with the manifolds as I assumed they were both the same and was going to swap the throttle bodies over as one of them has the idle screw bolts missing and so sticks shut. But on removing them I noticed that they are slightly different and one manifold has a second body (I assume for the choke as it has an electric motor attached via a rod.) so was wondering which manifold is meant to go with the 20xe as I'm guessing the other is for the c20xe.

Any help gladly appreciated cheers james

Iain
14-06-12, 10:32 PM
20XE is an earlier engine. It's worth researching if your ECUs are for dizzy or dispac and seeing what looms you've got to go with them.

Benn
14-06-12, 10:33 PM
From the sounds of it the 2nd body is the tc body. You can just unbolt and remove it. It should only be the late one that is different as the ports are a different shape.

bazil
14-06-12, 10:53 PM
This is the ecu required for a 20XE or 20XEJ as that is what mine is

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/random2/dfeabc25.jpg

clemo
14-06-12, 11:13 PM
Cheers for the advice, sorry for late reply was in the garage stripping the crap paint off the cam belt cover so can get it painted up again, only just finished bloody hard work might get the rocker cover done properly, lol
I'll check the ecus tomorrow. I know there's to part numbers there both motronic but have different numbers so if one of them matches yours that's prob the one. And then ill check which manifold fits the loom I have.

swedge
14-06-12, 11:50 PM
20xe have the lighter crank as well