PDA

View Full Version : Nova Value

Tiger13
13-06-12, 12:54 AM
Just wondering where to go with my nova really, Its not totally standard but its not a million miles off, Im planning on keeping it for a very long time, Probably long after most of the cars on here have died out, Would it be better from a value perspective to keep it totally original or would a few performance/visual upgrades not make much difference?

All opinions requested and welcomed :)

Jon_nova1
13-06-12, 09:20 AM
keeping it standard will get you more money in the long term

MattBrown
13-06-12, 09:38 AM
Your keeping it for all the wrong reasons, should be done how you like it, driven how you wish too, and not seen as an investment imo.

Also, unless its something special (ex mcrae etc) In my opinion, its never going to be worth vast amounts!

Will F
13-06-12, 02:27 PM
Also a modified one is worth just as much (if not more) than a std one anyway...(except a sport etc)

The value is in the integrity of the shell - most really well built cars start off with a MINT base (in most cases!)...

A few turbo cars have sold in excess of £4k, but I dont think a standard car has ever achieved that (or even close)

Edd
13-06-12, 02:39 PM
if your keeping it i wouldn't give a fcuk how much its worth, just do what you want to it

GRUNT 16V
13-06-12, 02:51 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

novalew
13-06-12, 03:25 PM
agreed, invest in oil if you want a return lol

paul james
13-06-12, 03:48 PM
Over the top styling stuff like massive bumpers smoothed into the bodywork and such will detract from the value of the car, but good additions won't. Things like bigger brakes, stainless exhaust, uprated suspension etc improves the car, aren't obvious unless you look carefully and can easily be put back to standard if desired.

I think its generally a good idea to keep the standard original parts around if you make upgrades, as if you want to sell the car then you can put it back to standard and sell the uprated stuff seperatly, rather than breaking the whole thing as so many do.

sport
13-06-12, 04:39 PM
Do as you please with it, if its a standard SR, SRI, GTE, GSI it may be worth more standard but a normal base model is just plain boring.

bazil
13-06-12, 04:40 PM
If its a 5 door it wont hold as much value either,

amggsi
13-06-12, 04:45 PM
A few turbo cars have sold in excess of £4k, but I dont think a standard car has ever achieved that (or even close)

I know of a few standard cars that have got close to the 4k mark. Haven't managed to break it yet, but I'm working on it!!!lol

Edd
13-06-12, 05:48 PM
think were on about normal prices without the added Northern Ireland tax

marc69
13-06-12, 06:15 PM
A few subtle Mods should pose no threat, besides if they are not serious i.e. body moulding etc can they not then be removed and the original parts put back on when you want to put it back to standard?

The value of Novas is a bit high just now but who knows in the future, they may plummet down in value so I wouldn't make money the key object. As folk have already said, it's your car so have it your way. That's why my swing has a 1.0 ohv in it, I like it for everyday driving, anyone else would have put a 2.0 in it!