PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else a pilot?

Tiger13
13-06-12, 12:48 AM
As title really!, Just wondering if anyone else on here is a Pilot and if so who are you working for now (If your lucky enough to have a Job in the current situation!)

turbojolt
13-06-12, 01:12 AM
are you?

Tiger13
13-06-12, 08:41 AM
Yes mate hence the thread lol

Pete
13-06-12, 12:22 PM
Let me guess, for BMI Baby hence the thread?

turbojolt
13-06-12, 12:26 PM

ok mister fancy pants my brain wasnt full on at 1 inthe morning lol

what kinda planes and how did you get into it

brainsnova
13-06-12, 12:28 PM
I'm a test pilot lol

Tiger13
13-06-12, 12:47 PM
Thats ok my brain barely starts working until at least mid-day! All sorts of planes really (Not aerobatic or gliders etc) and it's like going to university in a way in the sense you have to fund your own training (Usually) and it's a long and mostly boring proccess (Especially the theory side of things!), You can get sponsorships but they usually tie you to that airline for a number of years and usually your tied into piss poor pay also so it's not usually worth it unless you dont mind the boring routes!

What planes do you test is it commercial or the smaller props or are you taking ze piss lol?

Whats happening with BMI baby? I am asking about jobs because no-one is hiring pilots at the moment, Infact a lot of pilots are doing free work just to build the hours and experience so it's not good!!

Old man Jimbo
13-06-12, 02:30 PM
I'm a space kadett if that counts?

I'd funking love to be a pilot TBH.

Novasport
13-06-12, 02:40 PM
Paul W occasionally comes on here and he is a pilot. He is working out of Aberdeen last I heard. I think he had to move there from Hemel Hempstead for the job.

Edd
13-06-12, 02:42 PM
nothing scares me more than flying

if going on holiday i have to get wasted in the bar before hand lol

Iain
13-06-12, 02:48 PM

In fairness you could have got this site confused with UniformDating and were looking for a sexy pilot to take you roughly behind a pile of luggage.

Spudly
13-06-12, 06:30 PM
plane

plane

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMjlbWVwbzaOsw3476-hKoeh5vxjlUzl1j9kMFHqNPq68cVx_p

:confused:

Iain
13-06-12, 06:32 PM
Spud I've just done some quick calculations and I THINK that as this thread is about pilots, they are referring to an airplane.

Spudly
13-06-12, 06:33 PM
Then why are they talking about 'planes' and not 'aeroplanes' as they are two vastly different things!

Novasport
13-06-12, 06:36 PM
You are plainly being a little anal lol

turbojolt
13-06-12, 06:37 PM
Then why are they talking about 'planes' and not 'aeroplanes' as they are two vastly different things!

its what all the call kidz call them

Nova-nation
13-06-12, 06:37 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMjlbWVwbzaOsw3476-hKoeh5vxjlUzl1j9kMFHqNPq68cVx_p

:confused:

lol lol

Spudly
13-06-12, 06:38 PM
You are plainly being a little anal lol

Not really, ive heard my dad comment on that whenever an aeroplane is incorrectly referred to for years now so i picked up on it straight away, and i am right, they are two completely different things :p

Jon_nova1
13-06-12, 06:51 PM
is it an aeroplane or an airplane? lol

Iain
13-06-12, 06:54 PM
Just looked it up after my post lol Airplane is Amercan and aeroplane is English, oops lol

Mrs Hobbit
13-06-12, 07:10 PM
I flew an aerobatic - really enjoyed it. Don't really see me affording to be a pilot. If I was to do it all again though would have probably tried joining the RAF :d

mowgli
13-06-12, 07:26 PM
what has one wheel and flies??

DAFTJOHN
13-06-12, 09:25 PM
Went to go commercial about 6 years ago. Was difficult one as its a big outlay and not a lot of money back. At that time Ryanair were paying 9k for the first 6 months!

I've around 200 hours on my PPL flying C172's and PA28-180's. Just decided to fly for a bit of a past time.

Most of the guys I trained with are flying now. Few with Easyjet, one BA and another Thomas Cook - he was clearing 7500 last time we spoke.

I trained at Glasgow, was good mixing with the bit boys

Lee
13-06-12, 09:36 PM
what has one wheel and flies??

A wheelbarrow full of ****?

Tiger13
13-06-12, 09:58 PM
Went to go commercial about 6 years ago. Was difficult one as its a big outlay and not a lot of money back. At that time Ryanair were paying 9k for the first 6 months!

I've around 200 hours on my PPL flying C172's and PA28-180's. Just decided to fly for a bit of a past time.

Most of the guys I trained with are flying now. Few with Easyjet, one BA and another Thomas Cook - he was clearing 7500 last time we spoke.

I trained at Glasgow, was good mixing with the bit boys

Yeah the outlay for initial return is appauling, Ryanair are notorious for paying awfull wages and only recruiting new pilots because they know they can get away with it!, You can get your cpl for about £6k now but that obviously doesn't include any ratings, Instrument ratings are the real killer, Is it something you would look into again? It looks like the downturn of the job market is slowly coming to a head so the ryanair ripp-offs are going to have to stop!

DAFTJOHN
13-06-12, 10:17 PM
Yeah the outlay for initial return is appauling, Ryanair are notorious for paying awfull wages and only recruiting new pilots because they know they can get away with it!, You can get your cpl for about £6k now but that obviously doesn't include any ratings, Instrument ratings are the real killer, Is it something you would look into again? It looks like the downturn of the job market is slowly coming to a head so the ryanair ripp-offs are going to have to stop!

I don't think I'll ever go atpl, happy in the job I'm
In but now that I have 200 hours might get get the cpl and do my multi and i/r rating....just makes it a bit more exciting, and it's not all vfr.

Who are you flying for?

Tiger13
13-06-12, 10:39 PM
I don't think I'll ever go atpl, happy in the job I'm
In but now that I have 200 hours might get get the cpl and do my multi and i/r rating....just makes it a bit more exciting, and it's not all vfr.

Who are you flying for?

No your right it would be better to get away from vfr as it takes away the restrictions so got to be better!, Do you fly out of Glasgow or do you use a smaller aerodrome? I bet the landing fees must be killer in Glasgow!

Im still doing my cpl so not employed yet, Just thought id see if there was anyone else on here as pprune is crap lol

DAFTJOHN
13-06-12, 10:55 PM
Flew from Glasgow for a bit after passing and then moved to Cumbernauld, about 10 miles away.

Think it was Just under 30 quid a landing

Tiger13
13-06-12, 10:56 PM
Thats not too bad! Is it busy there?