PDA

View Full Version : Nova gear linkage and box

BROD
12-06-12, 08:56 PM
Hi lads, if all goes well im soon to be buying my mates nova. He's fitted a c20ne and im told an f16 box but aparently (what hes been told) it has a longer ratio 4th in it? I havent heared of this i only thought there was a close ratio f16 and a long but im not too clued up on vauxhalls so any help with this would be great. Also the linkage is on its way out making gears tricky to find, im told its running a standard nova linkage which obviously needs to be replaced. What im wondering is, whats the best thing i can replace it with? ive seen a few quickshift kits about but these are only the metal linkage part with no bushes etc. i dont fancy going the cav route as it seems abit of hassle, what would you replace it with?
My other question being, what would you fit gearbox wise? stick with the supposed f16 or fit an f18? id like to have closer ratios but i dont want it to be screaming when sat at 70mph on the motorway. Once again, any advice is very welcome. Thanks for taking the time to have a read
Brad.

BROD
14-06-12, 06:31 AM
Anybody?:(