PDA

View Full Version : transducer cog

nova_pipi
11-06-12, 03:53 PM
hi all, does anyone know in gearbox's the little cogged wheel that is bolted into the gearbox that the transducer then screws on to, are there two different types of these e.g two different sized cog wheels?

thanks
phil

Iain
11-06-12, 05:46 PM
Good question. I'd assume these are specific to the gearbox as they connect to a ring on the differential - what gearbox are you thinking of?

nova_pipi
11-06-12, 06:09 PM
its for an F16, its just that iv done a c20xe conversion in my corsa and it has an electronic speedo, so i used the cog from my nova c16se and another transducer but the speedo says that im travelling at roughly half the speed i am actually going, it did the same thing in my nova on the digi dash but all i did was flick a red switch on the back of the clocks and my problem was sorted but on the corsa clocks there isnt anything resembelling a switch so was just thinking a smaller cog for example would turn at a quicker rate giving the correct speed?

Iain
11-06-12, 06:28 PM
Oh OK then. Do you know if the transducer definitely matches the clocks as it could be the pulses it outputs doesn't match what the clocks expects as an input?

Iain
11-06-12, 06:32 PM
I reckon those are the same mate. Just checked opeloem online and the diff gears both have the same number of teeth and the speedo gears have the same part number:

F13 from a Nova 1.6: http://opeloem.com/vauxhall/astra_1992_1998/transmission/f10_f13_manual_transmission/speedometer_driven_gear.html

F16 for the XE: http://opeloem.com/vauxhall/astra_1992_1998/transmission/f16_manual_transmission/speedometer_driven_gear.html

nova_pipi
11-06-12, 06:44 PM
im not to sure on the transducer side of things, i always thought all of them were the same, there is a driven gear on ebay now that has 13 teeth with a different par number of 90375764, if thats any different

nova_pipi
11-06-12, 06:51 PM
never mind ignore me the part numbers the same lol

nova_pipi
11-06-12, 07:05 PM
iv done a bit of reading now and theres two types of transducers, an ak 16 pulse type and an ah 6 pulse type and the ah and ak are written on the transducer to determine which is which, ill just have to check mine and get the other, i pressume mine will be an ah.
thanks for the help

Iain
11-06-12, 07:08 PM
Yeah big white stamp on the side of it as to which type it is. Hopefully that solves it for you.