PDA

View Full Version : Help .... trying to get my bonnet catch adjusted !!

joff-turbo-nova
08-06-12, 09:51 PM
Hi all,

This is really doing my head in. For the life of me I can't seem to get the bonnet on the Nova to pop properly - well pop at all really.

I've tried adjusting the long rod in and out, the bonnet either sits too high when wound out or you then can't pull the bonnet up when wound down.

I have tried the bonnet catch on its own and when you pull the bonnet release it pops out of the slam panel no problems.

Once attached to the bonnet it really doesn't want to budge !

Anyone got some helpful hints on how to set these up properly??

Joff

Spudly
08-06-12, 10:13 PM
Easiest way ive found Joff, is to loosen the catch off so that if you slowly lower the bonnet to the hole in the slam, it will nudge the pin into the correct (or near to the correct) position, then you should be able to squeeze your fingers in to it and line it up properly, (obviously you will need it tight enough so it wont then slide about as you lift the bonnet back up, then nip it up and you should be done!

Is this just a new problem youve encountered or has it always been like this, not forgetting you have a removable panel dont you, so that may not quite be lined up correctly, im free on sunday if you need an extra pair of hands for it:d