PDA

View Full Version : Re-tension seatbelts

hotrod
08-06-12, 05:25 PM
Has anyone ever tried retensioning seatbelts? Mine dont retract fully by themselves. Lost count of the times our lass has got out,shut the door and there's that sound of the buckle being shut in the door! :mad:

Wasn't sure if you could crack them open and take another turn on the spring?

Figured since I cant get her to change maybe I should try and fix the fault!

Ant other ideas would be appreciated and hopefuly save my b post!

mowgli
08-06-12, 06:57 PM
she hasn't got the belting twisted up has she??? pull the whole belt out slowly & see if thats the fault

hotrod
08-06-12, 08:15 PM
thats def the fault its the same on my side except i reel it in by hand! The cars got over 120000 miles on think the springs lost some of its spring! :(

mowgli
08-06-12, 08:16 PM
get some replacements..

hotrod
08-06-12, 08:20 PM
Had a feeling that was gonna be the case! :(

Cheers anyway mowgli.

burgo
08-06-12, 11:14 PM
tell her next time she does it she pays to have the door shut repaired. that should fix the problem

Novasport
08-06-12, 11:18 PM
Might be just a build up of dust & fluff in the mechanism. Take the end caps off and have a look.

hotrod
09-06-12, 11:12 AM
tell her next time she does it she pays to have the door shut repaired. that should fix the problem

That would be a great idea except she pretty much gets her money from me so technically I'd be paying for it myself!

Might be just a build up of dust & fluff in the mechanism. Take the end caps off and have a look.

Will give that a try mate you might be on to something there! :) Cheers

Spudly
09-06-12, 11:28 AM
Mr sheen, pull the belts fully out, and spray a load all over the belt, both sides and give it a good rub in with a clean cloth, do this a few times every so often and things should vastly improve, the difference will be noticeable straight away, and will get better the more often you polish the belt, it's the build up of sweat dust and other crap that makes the belt stick!

hotrod
09-06-12, 11:42 AM
cheers mate will give that a blast too! anythings gotta be worth a try!

Old man Jimbo
09-06-12, 01:32 PM
Slam her head in the door shut and see how she likes it....

Or slam her up the.................

Jon_nova1
09-06-12, 02:20 PM
.....bonnet?

hotrod
09-06-12, 07:12 PM
Or slam her up the.................

lol she likes that! lol

Unless you are talking bout the bonnet, then im lost! lol

Spudly
09-06-12, 07:52 PM
LMFAO, remember boys this isnt the 18+ section, but have rep for a derty mrs lol

Any joy with 'polishing' your belts?

hotrod
09-06-12, 07:54 PM
Not tried it yet got alot to do today.

Will get busy with Mr sheen in the morning! lol

Spudly
09-06-12, 07:56 PM
Trust me, do it two or three times but leave a good ten mins or so between applications so it can dry (as it wets the belts a bit) and you will see a noticeable improvement, tis an age old valeters trick :d