PDA

View Full Version : Do Corsa C rear hubs/brakes, etc. fit a Nova?

dstevenson
06-06-12, 10:28 PM
Hi,

As per title.

Running standard rear drum brakes, etc. on the rally nova (x14xe, 173hp) and fed up with rear wheel bearings giving trouble, brakes adjusting themselves off, etc.

Was wondering if the more modern Corsa C rear hubs/drums, etc. fit straight onto a nova beam. I believe they don't use the taperered bearing arrangement found on the Nova/Corsa B but use a sealed twin row bearing (similar to front wheel bearing so no faffing about getting bearing play set-up right and getting covered in grease every time.

Before i set off to the scrappy and possibly waste some money (again) anyone actually done this and knows for sure if it is a bolt-on job?

BTW before someone suggests it - don't really want to go rear disk route, etc. due to the hassle/cost and I don't actually need any more rear braking, just want something more reliable and easier to work at.

Also have a bias pedal box etc. so can adjust balance, etc.

David

_Jake
06-06-12, 10:50 PM
surely for the amount it will cost to try corsa c hubs etc you can just go for rear disc?

lomas
06-06-12, 11:13 PM
they bolt straight onto the axle, cables may need modifying abit unless you are using hydraulic handbrake

dstevenson
06-06-12, 11:21 PM
they bolt straight onto the axle, cables may need modifying abit unless you are using hydraulic handbrake

Cheers for that, thought they would but was not sure.

I am using hydraulic but will fit the cables as well (still have the original handbrake, hydraulic is separate vertical jobbie) for MOT purposes.

David

mowgli
07-06-12, 04:40 AM
i'm at a loss as to why you want to do this.

the std nova ones are actually pretty long lasting, as long as you fit decent bearings, and if you drill a 10mm hole in the front face of the drum, in line with the 'self' adjuster, you can also nip them up when they need it.

Graeme
07-06-12, 08:01 AM
A mate of mine struggled to get them to give a decent pedal feel with the standard nova set up, in fact it felt unsafe it was that spungy (sp)