PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been watch BTCC recently??

Adam
06-06-12, 09:29 PM
Heading over to Oulton at the weekend :d

How do they handle whos watching from here/there?
Or is it just a general admission free for all and watch from wherever you can?

nova ian
06-06-12, 09:47 PM
I went to the last Donington round. Went to Oulton a couple of years back now. Great circuit to watch them at. Basically once your in you can watch from where ever you want and can get too!

We tried to get in the grandstand at Donington but we didn't have tickets, but we still managed to get in when the security guy turned was snoozing lol

I'll be watching Oulton from the sofa though, but wouldnt mind being there. I enjoy the atmosphere and hearing the cars etc. you'll have a good day :)

Iain
06-06-12, 10:09 PM
Entry fee for like £25, then go where ever you want.

It is an interesting circuit, some nice places to watch. I remember there being some places you could watch from quite close to the track last time I was there too!

GRUNT 16V
07-06-12, 10:42 AM
get some pics of the looooverly btcc ladys !!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Adam
07-06-12, 03:17 PM
Ive got two complimentary tickets, with paddock entry :p
So it'll be a good day for petrol costs lol.

Yeah I really like oulton, hope to remember best places on the track from when I did a track day there a while back.

Ill get plenty of pics. :)

Keif
07-06-12, 03:18 PM
I'll be at Oulton Park too. As Nova Ian says, you pays your entrance fee (£25 in advance/£30 on the day) and you can stand where ever you can. At OP, I normally try to get on the infield at "The Avenue/Dentons"
http://www.etracksonline.co.uk/Europe/United_Kingdom/oultonpark03i_map.gif
You get the exit of Old Hall Corner, into Cascades and any action at the chicane (which there will be)

If you take your Vauxhall keys, the Vauxhall Drivers Lounge will be there, show your Vauxhall keys at the door and get free drinks/snacks.

Went to Donington Park too.

Adam
07-06-12, 03:44 PM
Sound, that does look a good place to be standing. Hoping i can get a space there then

Iain
07-06-12, 03:48 PM
Wrap up warm Adam x

Keif
07-06-12, 03:56 PM
Yeah, wrap up warm. I'll be about there probably looking through the view finder of my camera.

Asa-James
07-06-12, 11:06 PM
i should be there, was told today at work we have some complimentary vip tickets, so i'll be taking the camera and probably taking up my usual spot around Dentons :)