PDA

View Full Version : xe manifold options

SRlew
04-06-12, 11:13 AM
right at the minute i have an ashley exhaust manifold on my c20xe but when i had standard engine mounts in there was so much movent etc etc and due to it all it bent the manifold quiet bad and is now fairly close to the floor lol

i dont rate the quality of it any way so time for a change

i have a standard one im looking at putting on as i know it'l sit nice and closer to the sump which is what i need.

but iv heard the standard item gives good tourqe low down but is more restrictive at high rpm and a uprated one with bigger diameter is the other way round.

but is there an uprated one that will give me the ground clearence i need. seen them sbd ones and doesnt look like i can use that as would be to close to the floor

so is there one that gives good ground clearence still?
and what manifolds you all using?
will be hopefully getting new pistons head cams etc etc at some point next year, but dont want to have to change the manifold again etc

engines not in a vauxhall by the way

scott.parker
04-06-12, 11:18 AM
lol my suggestion is Ashley one mate, as i had an sbd c and it use to scrape the floor, the type a is way to big imo for most xe's unless your going 300bhp on tbs etc..
My old track car ran really nice with full Ashley set up and got good constant pull of torque when mapped and hit 185bhp and 153lbft

SRlew
04-06-12, 02:31 PM
umm wounder if i should just get a new ashley

recon the standard one would be much different? i know the say it gives better low down etc so not all bad i guess?

what spec engine was that power with?