PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Comp!

Tazzy
28-07-03, 10:44 PM
When you all post pics onto this forum, i cant see them, its obviously my comp is snaffooned, but to $h!te, but cant really do anyhtign about it, could this be why i cant see any pics posted on here? and how do i solve this?

cheerz!

Tilly
28-07-03, 10:45 PM
can u nt see them when logged in ?

Tazzy
28-07-03, 10:53 PM
nope, some pics, sometimes i can, but sometimes i cant

when i know the pic is there, but cant veiw it, i just obviously get the red cross!

and right click > show picture doesnt work!

Mark
28-07-03, 10:55 PM
How many pics can you see in this post?

Chris LR
28-07-03, 10:59 PM
I've had a new Machine - Damn thing won't play sounds.

It says it is but I can't hear anything.....

and yes the speakers work and are plugged in.

Breeny
28-07-03, 11:00 PM
Try clearing out your cookies and temp internet files.. Solves quite a few problems. Increase your temp storage if you have space aswell.

Mark
28-07-03, 11:07 PM
Take your earplugs out! I SAID TAKE YOUR EAR PLUGS OUT !!

Tazzy
29-07-03, 12:02 AM
thats another problem i have, i can delete the cookies, but not the temperary internet files!

I seem to have gathered a few thousand files (56k)
I used to delete them every night, but haven't done so for a few months!

Anyway, the other day, I thought I would delete them all, but it wont let me, I can only delete up to 6 files at a time, if I try to highlight more and try to delete them, the computer makes a stupid noise then crashes, and with 56 thousand to delete, how can I do it, I think it may be the reason why my computer is really slow, and probably wont let me save some files?

but because the folder is so large and my comp is bugged to fuck, it crashes, it also crashes when i try to get online, or even open a Word file, or try to get on msn, or open any other folder, sometimes it just doesnt like the command and crashes, but if i reprogramme the comp, i will lose everything, theres some things you cant down load onto CD, like game data!

What can I do apart form throw my comp out of the window?

cheers!

Breeny
29-07-03, 01:13 AM
lol yup your memory cant cope with it. Try using the search on the start button for files in the temporary internet folder within a certain date e.g.

22/07/03 to 27/07/03

Try deleting them a week at a time, slow process but its probably the only way.. unless you wanna format the hdd and start all over?

I can give you instructions if you want to do that.

Fester
29-07-03, 11:21 AM
Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1478

wisewood
29-07-03, 11:29 AM
Sounds to me like its all the pictures that we host on Kevs server at home - which isnt set up again properly yet after he formatted it and set it up again all shiney and new.

If images like - for example in Micky's signature etc dont show up - its probably because of that.

Dave
29-07-03, 01:54 PM
while on pc problems!
mine turns the screen off when both online an offline
have checked screen settings an not set up to turn its self off
could it be the grafix card?

Dicko
29-07-03, 02:17 PM
you mean if left for a period of time? power saving?

it can be set in a number of places, bios, display properties, any software that came with video card. long as it comes bk on when u move mouse or something dont worry

Dave
29-07-03, 03:58 PM
it shuts the screen down.
the light at the bottom turns off an screen goes black
checked the settings in con. display an is set to never turn off

wisewood
29-07-03, 04:03 PM
could be in bios to go into standby mode though.
you know how to access bios?

Dave
29-07-03, 04:14 PM
haven't got a clue!
did you get that mail?

Dicko
29-07-03, 04:44 PM
how old is this pc

can you give any detials

shdnt need to go into bios the display properties in windows will change the settings in the bios on its own

Dave
29-07-03, 05:31 PM
haven't got a clue tbh bloke at work built it for me but he since left. it must be about 2 years old now.
if you need to know anymore spec tell me how to access the info an i'll do it!