PDA

View Full Version : GUTTED! banned for a year!

tom_beverley
28-07-03, 06:55 PM
just been banned on friday for 12 months for dangerous drivin! what a fuckin bastard! it means ive lost my job aswell so im well screwed! ma dads tryin to appeal like but i cant see how its gonna change anythin! any1 else been in this situation b4 n got out of it? any good things to say? also there might be a tidy little 1.2 for sale soon enough if any1 is interested

cheers

tom

Anton
28-07-03, 06:57 PM
what were you doing?

tom_beverley
28-07-03, 07:12 PM
went round the roundabout the wrong way accidentially because my gf told me she was pregnant! it was a big shock! i werent goin fast (only bout 20mph) there were no other cars or ppl, roads were fine etc etc surely should be put down to undue care and attention shudnt it?

Mark
28-07-03, 07:17 PM
What did they actually charge you for?

techie
28-07-03, 07:18 PM
surely should be put down to undue care and attention shudnt it?

Depends if you were the poor sod that could have been coming the other way.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

tom_beverley
28-07-03, 07:27 PM
dangerous drivin n a ?110 fine bastards

NovaSi
28-07-03, 07:34 PM
yeah still appeal you have an excuse just cross your fingers :roll:

tom_beverley
28-07-03, 07:39 PM
hope so bud

Ben (lurk75)
28-07-03, 11:01 PM
I was lead to belive that you can only apeal if the ban is a minimum of 24 months :?:

Could well be wrong.

Also think how much your next insurance policy is going to be :o

Mark
28-07-03, 11:03 PM
:o If you can find someone to give you a quote :o

Gazza14SR
28-07-03, 11:10 PM
when i had my lisence revoked and a 255pound fine my company still wanted me to come in on shifts or i would lose my job. As there are no busses at 4:45 i had to get taxis. I went to my union at work at they came to a comprimise where if i was dedeucted shift pay then i could work days. Hopefully you should be alright if theres an alternate route for you to get to work. What do you actually do? Travel?

Ben (lurk75)
28-07-03, 11:10 PM
I bet we have cheered him up no end :!:

Evolution
29-07-03, 04:23 AM
You got banned for that?! That is messed up. Did you actually drive around it or just go up a little bit and stop? how big was the roundabout?
If it wasnt big i would definatly appeal. If i had some shock news broken to me like that id probably not think straight for a second either, as would anyone.
In my opinion, it was a one off. noone makes a habbit of driving the wrong way around roundabouts, noone was injured even though there are plenty of "ifs" and "buts". and youve been hit hard. unfairly. and that ?110 fine is just a stupid cash in.

Did you need your car for work or just to get there? If you lose your job for the latter then that is unfair dismissal - but if you are required to have your own car, and it says in your contract about needing your own car then youll have to find a new job.

My mate was banned for 2 years but he now has his licence back and 3 years no claim bonus, and much cheaper premium than i do.
So its not the end of the world.
Good luck with your kid... you just wont be able to drive her to hospital when her water breaks :wink:

SaraGSi
29-07-03, 08:38 AM
oooohhhh no good luck with the appeal :wink: