PDA

View Full Version : My friends in N.I.....is this of interest?

dave2beetle
26-05-12, 09:31 PM
Bought a nova the other day from a real nice guy over the water.

Now that its back in Glasgow, i have the choice to run it on its original N.I plate or put it onto a C reg.

Question is...would the plate be worth something to someone? The guy explained that plates changed over there in '85 and first ones were ?DZ, this being ADZ ???? makes its a very early plate apparently.

If anyone is interested in it, PM me. I'd stick it on retention and we can take it from there. Ideally i'm looking to swap it for a full sport interior but given this will be hard to come by, i'd accept cash that would get me same.

Being an 1985 plate, might suit a sport rep. ;)

Cheers,

Dave

amggsi
27-05-12, 12:20 AM
No point putting it on retention if you're hoping to transfer it back to NI as it will have to go back onto a car in England/Scotland before it can be transferred! We don't have the option of retention here!
Can't see a big demand for it to be honest, if I were you I'd keep it on the car, and advertise it on the likes of www.speedyreg.co.uk (http://www.speedyreg.co.uk) until it sells if you're not fussed on keeping it on the car.......

dave2beetle
27-05-12, 09:22 AM
OK mate, cheers. Plate stays on the car then until someone shows interest.

Dave

NOVA13SPORT
27-05-12, 09:57 PM
Did you buy the adz reg 85 sport replica from ballyclare ?

cormac81
28-05-12, 09:34 AM
Sounds like the sport rep, dont think the plate would be worth much and Adrian has said we dont have retention. Though it might be of some interest to someone with a works rep opel manta as some works cars had ADZ regs.

dave2beetle
28-05-12, 12:18 PM
Yep, thats the one.

Less of a sport rep, more of a quick white nova with stripes at the moment. But a sound basis all the same.

Intend getting it on a C reg, bumper flashes, etc and seeking out an elusive sport interior. Any cash generated from the plate will go towards this.

Thanks for the tip re works mantas.

Cheers,

Dave

amggsi
28-05-12, 01:30 PM
I'd keep it on the ADZ plate if it was mine, as an NI Sport could have had that plate on it so won't look out of place.

Also more of a chance selling in in the mainland, no one over here would really want to pay money for a standard 4 number plate, and if they do you'll be lucky to break into 3 figure sums!!

dave2beetle
22-06-12, 02:23 PM
now on ebay;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190694488098