PDA

View Full Version : window winder bung covers

amggsi
26-05-12, 08:59 PM
Almost sure I've seen some Novas with a cover over the hole where the window winder should be. Just fitted electric windows to the TD and need something to cover the holes, and if there was a Vauxhall part for it, all the better!lol

Iain
26-05-12, 09:05 PM
Non EW models came with no holes in the doorcards didn't they. Just try a source a normal rubber grommet, or see if a Nova choke blanking plug might fit?

amggsi
26-05-12, 09:14 PM
Non EW models came with no holes in the doorcards didn't they. Just try a source a normal rubber grommet, or see if a Nova choke blanking plug might fit?

I thought they did, but I'm almost sure I've seen some with grommets as well. Ideally I'd love door cards without holes, but they are hard to find for a mark 1!

steviegsi
26-05-12, 10:06 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?186222-gte-door-cards-and-parts

GTE door cards for sale here..... all gte's had posh electric windows didnt they?

brainsnova
26-05-12, 10:07 PM
I used the cigarette lighter blanks :d taped the backs as they can be pushed through if you poke them

burgo
26-05-12, 10:42 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?186222-gte-door-cards-and-parts

GTE door cards for sale here..... all gte's had posh electric windows didnt they?

nope, infact electric window cards are hard to find. i have some mint ones though :d

bazil
26-05-12, 10:45 PM
nope, infact electric window cards are hard to find. i have some mint ones though :d

Yup very true,

burgo
26-05-12, 10:49 PM
ive had them for years and years in bubble wrap in the loft lol. along with the un-worn front seats which will be worth lots one day

bazil
26-05-12, 11:12 PM
lol I have leccy window ones but mt gte still has keep fit windows lol, I also have brown mk1 door cards for leccy windows and no door pockets lol

burgo
26-05-12, 11:14 PM
no they must be super rare, cant say ive seen any elecy brown ones before

bazil
26-05-12, 11:37 PM
Yeah but sadly not early MK1 later style mk1
Brand new, still in wrapper lol

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/gsi/P1010977.jpg

Will had a set for sale a while back

burgo
26-05-12, 11:40 PM
i cant think what they would have originally been destined for. all the dark brown interiors i know of are early novas and therefore pre elecy windows

amggsi
26-05-12, 11:44 PM
lol I have leccy window ones but mt gte still has keep fit windows lol, I also have brown mk1 door cards for leccy windows and no door pockets lol

I'll swap you, have GTE door cards in the car at the minute!!

bazil
26-05-12, 11:47 PM
i cant think what they would have originally been destined for. all the dark brown interiors i know of are early novas and therefore pre elecy windows

I thought the same thing, but like them :)

I'll swap you, have GTE door cards in the car at the minute!!

Sadly mate I'll be keeping mine as I'll be going leccy windows

NOVA13SPORT
27-05-12, 09:54 PM

Early sr's had the option of electric windows and the brown interior was available till 87 on certain colours of paint