PDA

View Full Version : electric windows

roge
28-07-03, 03:38 PM
hi, three questions here:

1) does anyone know of any guides or advice on removing and fitting electric windows? i've seen one post with a link, but the website doesn't work.

2)is it worth removing them from a nova at the scrappy or jus buyin ones sumone else has removed for ?20, cos i'm lazy?

3) how will i test the ones from the scrappy before i remove em?

thanks!!!!!

NovaSi
28-07-03, 03:54 PM
3) as the guy at the scrappy to show your electric windows working lol. NB: manke sure the windows go down as well as up :!:

VauxMD
28-07-03, 04:27 PM
Ypu'll pay a tenner at the scrappy and still have to drill the rivits out. Seems fair to pay ?20 as the guy selling them will say thay work and you can just fit them.

Ben (lurk75)
28-07-03, 04:49 PM
?20 for a set of Genuine GM electric windows with the switches and loom etc is a very good deal, the switches are ?35 each off of Vauxhall.

roge
28-07-03, 05:50 PM
thanks for the help people! one more question tho, the electric windows are off a four door, and i have a two door, is that gunna be a problem?

Ben (lurk75)
28-07-03, 05:57 PM
I didnt know any of the 4dr's had electric windows as standard?

roge
28-07-03, 06:58 PM
niether did i :D i read it wrong :oops: "electric windows and central locking for four door nova", then it says, "electric window motors for two front doors and 4 cental locking motors" guess it pays to read more than the first sentence. lol thanks anywayz!

astrakid15
31-07-03, 06:49 PM
is there a guide to do with this?

ade
31-07-03, 08:23 PM
if its a 2 door hatch you have you could have probs - the 2 door hatch one has electrically operated arms that lift the wondow through a motor (replacing the handle)

The 4 door ones have cables or something weird - Ask Aragorn about 4 door leccy windows - the doors are slightly different so the mechanisms different.

Dunno how difficult it is to mod either

Guide wise theres one on Nova-land.com and a wiring diagram can be found in haynes (I cant find mine at the mo - sorry)

Ade

Snowface
31-07-03, 08:33 PM
choice of nova's are as follows:

3-door Hatch
5-door Hatch
2-door Saloon
4-door Saloon.

and u say ur not sure if its from a 4-saloon?

rhumphris
02-08-03, 09:51 PM
Just fitted some 3 door electric window motors to my 5 door easy to fit (ish) took about a day per side had to make my own control circuits and limit switches though so if you allready have the control system u might get it done in a day. i paid ?20 for the motors and lifters. to test the motors undo the connector on the motor and put 12 volts across the terminals one way they go up, change the connection around and they go down.