PDA

View Full Version : central locking wiring

mazza
28-07-03, 02:54 PM
alright, i pinched the central locking motors out of an sr the other day but the wiring diagram in ye ol' haynes manual is a bit complex for my liking

theres brown, brown/white, and brown/red on the drivers side motor and black/red and black/green on the passenger motor. I read in the posts somewhere that you can wire them straight to each other but what wires to where :?

roge
28-07-03, 03:30 PM
i may be wrong (cos i bought my central locking off the internet), but i think that the central locking motors should be wired to a control unit thing. Then the control unit only has a couple of wires (i think) to connect to the battery.
p.s. wuz only ?25 for my 2 door central locking kit an it's pretty cool.

ade
28-07-03, 04:06 PM
drivers side is simply a switch - the passenger side is a solenoid thats activated by the drivers key. They run through a relay (or is that the windows... :? ) - theyre on the same loom usually...

Anyway - brown's earth - I'll try and get the rest when i get home - have haynes manual - can give you proper loactions etc then - sure red's live

The blue red/yellow red etc are the ones that go to the switch/solenoid.

ade

VauxMD
28-07-03, 04:12 PM
As above

Drivers side is just a switch and pasengers is a solenoid. The control unit is mounted to the passengers under-dash shelf. Wire it up as the manual says, you needed to take the conectors from the donor car as well.

mazza
28-07-03, 05:21 PM
nice one geeza's, quick response :D
so i do need the controller,
oh well, nother trip to sunbury salvage

im gonna get back to some sanding :twisted:

Snowface
29-07-03, 07:07 PM
u need control box yes, i sold a set on ebay a while ago from an sr.
All the wires u neede to connect was a Pernament live and an earth. The control box did the rest.

roge
29-07-03, 07:35 PM
wow!

think thts the first piece of advice i've given on here an it was right. However it's probably the only think i know anything about. so until i learn more i think i will abstain from giving advice :)