18-01-01, 01:41 PM
Me finks me as found a mota...

G reg
2 previous owners
All old MOT's
part history
immaculate bodywork
Could do with a manula choke cos the automatic one is shite
Totally standard (good, cos i'm going to molest the little bastard)
White

?700

what do u rekon? I finks me is a lucky bastard!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):) (@ least i'm not happy)

---------------------------
Ged@roybacer.co.uk
www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
18-01-01, 01:46 PM
oh...and could u lot give me all the things i should check when i got to have a look...(gear box, bearings etc...I need a list of the things that are usually fucked on them, and how i should go about checking them, eg. putting it into first and easing the clutch out....(i heard that sum where to check summit, but i can't remember what!)...anyway, thanks lads and Novachick...)

Ged
-------------------------
Ged@roybacer.co.uk
www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
18-01-01, 03:09 PM
Wheel barings- try and shake the wheels
CV Joints +boots- put in on full lock, c if boots are split, if clicks while moving on full lock joint needs replacing!
good luck, hope it's mint!

Anonymous
18-01-01, 03:51 PM
listen for a whining sound at the back, that will show if the rear wheel bearings are fucked. Also see how solid the gearstick feels when it is in gear. Have the engine running and put the gearbox into neutral, then lower the clutch, if you can hear a grinding sound when the clutch pedal isn't depressed,but can't when it is apparently this means that the gearbox is on it's way out.

Anonymous
18-01-01, 03:54 PM
Check for rust inside the arches. Look for wear on the carpet incase its been clocked - Does the carpet look representative of 80k miles?

Anonymous
18-01-01, 04:27 PM
One of the most important bits to check is the chassis/body, get on the floor with a torch, Check sills, bottom of rear arches. front cross member- chassis rails, inner arches, whole of underneath/floorpan. good luck.

Anonymous
18-01-01, 05:54 PM
the noisey clutch JKHILTON is the clutch release bearing. they dont relly need changing till you change the clutch. even if they make a noise :)
its not worth taking the clutch out just to do the bearing you may as well do it at once

Anonymous
18-01-01, 06:37 PM
Make sure u check the front inner wings, they are promne to rot near the bottom...