PDA

View Full Version : Goodridge Speed Bleed Nipples - any good?

paul james
22-05-12, 08:55 PM
I'm setting about refurburshing the 256mm 2.0 barke calipers on my nova, and since I'm going to be replacing the bleed nipples I was wondering if these were any good:
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/brake-bleeders/goodridge-speed-bleeder

The Goodridge 'Speed Bleeder' is the perfect solution for eliminating the tedious, time consuming and repetitive job of bleeding brake systems, by simply replacing the existing bleed nipples. Their unique design incorporates a one way valve preventing air entering back into the system and eliminates the repetitive process of tightening and un-tightening...simply un-tighten the 'Speed Bleeder' 1/4 of a turn and pump the brake lever/pedal until the system is free of air and tighten!

I've only just heard about them, they sound like they might make bleeing the brakes when refitting them a bit easier. Anyone tried them? and any idea what size I'd need?

Novasport
22-05-12, 09:01 PM
For £8.59 each they have got to be worth a try.

Graeme
22-05-12, 10:15 PM
Got a link?

paul james
22-05-12, 10:22 PM
Got a link?

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/brake-bleeders/goodridge-speed-bleeder

Graeme
22-05-12, 10:27 PM
What thread size do Vaux calipers need?

Stuart
22-05-12, 10:36 PM
Lol a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Just spend £15 on a gunsons easibleed and never worry again, plus it'll work on all cars you touch.

Andy
22-05-12, 11:25 PM
Lol a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Just spend £15 on a gunsons easibleed and never worry again, plus it'll work on all cars you touch.
This.Unless you have changed a full car of lines it doesnt take that long anyway.
My favouritest ever tool is a 1 man bleed pipe,£2.49 from halfords on the trade,has a one way valve in it-so cheap and so simple.
I have to wonder just how long these nipples last,a full cars worth is alot when you consider the 2 options myself and stuart posted!

brainsnova
23-05-12, 12:09 AM
I prefer to be at the nipple end lol pumping away at the pedal and you can't see what's happening

Stuart
23-05-12, 08:44 AM
Which is why the easibleed is perfect as you hook it all up at the master cylinder and then go play with the nipples yourself.