PDA

View Full Version : removing brake pedal in situ

matthew172
22-05-12, 06:38 AM
hi, is it possible to remove the brake pedal whilst in situ? reason being i need to re drill it to increase the ratio for my pedal box but i cant get a drill anywhere near it, hence needing to remove it

thanks matt

MARTIN KELSON
22-05-12, 01:51 PM
Couldn't get mine of in situ Matt
Had to drill on the car. Wasn't ideal or easy but possible.

mk1nova_rich
22-05-12, 03:13 PM
Only way to remove is to unbolt the complete linkage bar and support brackets assembly, and the clutch pedal is on the same pivot bar so clutch cable needs unhooking too

matthew172
22-05-12, 03:24 PM
Only way to remove is to unbolt the complete linkage bar and support brackets assembly, and the clutch pedal is on the same pivot bar so clutch cable needs unhooking too

But it is possible whilst still in car though? So if i unbolt the linkage bar at both ends and undo thenut on the end of the brake pedal pivot bar it should come out yea?

nova ian
22-05-12, 10:09 PM
Yes it can come out in situ. I have done this very job tonight! Martin I applaud you for managing to do it in car. I struggled like mad and ended up removing steering column and then got the pedal off the pivot bar! Still a nightmare of a job!

On the plus side I now have a pedal which can be pressed down with much less effort and doesn't feel like your trying to push a brick through solid concrete! Not driven it yet though so hoping its going to be ok.

Did it make a big difference on yours Martin and do you think the brakes now have a better feel?

Cheers
Ian