PDA

View Full Version : MK1 Rear Bumper

SimonTW
21-05-12, 12:17 PM
I'm looking for a Mk1 grey rear bumper. I need the type with the groove along the bottom to allow me to fit my GTE rear lip to it. Needs to be in really good condition please. :thumb:

I can arrange a courier to pick up or collect if in the north west. :thumb:

8valve-craig
22-05-12, 09:30 PM
May be able to help this week simon. I have a mk1 SR in mind.

SimonTW
22-05-12, 09:37 PM
nice one Craig! let me know :d Thank You!

8valve-craig
24-05-12, 08:33 AM
Whats wrong with the silver gte one i sold you?

SimonTW
24-05-12, 09:00 AM
It's got some deep scratches on the side and needs totally stripping back as it's been painted pretty badly so it's flaking and bubbling in places. I'm just going to save myself a load of time and swap the splitter onto an already grey bumper in better condition. I just don't have the free time to get busy with the sander and the filler at the moment.

8valve-craig
31-05-12, 06:50 PM
I have another GTE bumper but thats not been painted well either so wont help you.

I can get a good grey one off a local SR, but pretty sure the splitters dont come off on those.....

SimonTW
01-06-12, 10:54 AM
How much would you be looking at for the SR bumper? As far as I know the GTE splitter sits over the SR bottom lip and into the groove running around the bottom.

Will F
01-06-12, 04:01 PM
It does yes, but you need to cut out the holes - I have a really good standard GTE rear bumper thats had the splitter reomved, so has all the fixing holes etc...?

SimonTW
01-06-12, 04:03 PM
Any pics Will? Also I didn't get a PM with your bank details and a total for the fuel tank plug and GTE grill.