PDA

View Full Version : break in :(

dave.gsi
28-07-03, 12:33 AM
car was broken in to last nite :(

came out this morning on my way to work and found the lock had been barrelled. was severely pissed, the passenger door was open slightly and the glovebox was open. the contents were all over the passenger seat.

looking around the radio was still there, they hadn't even tried to nick the car (no ignition damage) and the disklock hadn't been touched. it took me a while before i noticed what had gone.............................................. ......the front mats (cost a tenner from wilkinsons) and four harness pads. i was so annoyed they'd fuck the lock just for this!

anyway, decided to drive it back to my house (been parked at gf's house) when the car wouldn't start. on popping the bonnet i noticed the ignition lead which goes from the coil to the distributer was missing. must have nicked it just to piss me off so the car was undrivable. finnaly found a replacement after going to 2 motor worlds and a halfords. connected it up and the car still would fire. after a few minutes i noticed a thick wire at the back of the engine wth a masssive plug on it was dissconnected. hmmmmmm, where does this go??

into the ecu. i'll just plug it back in........................

oh wait, theve nicked it :!:

i'm so pissed its unbelievable, had to take the day off work and tow the car back to mine. now i need to find a new ecu and buy new locks etc

on a good note, i've sold my old sr today to a guy from wigan and i'll be using the money to pay for the repairs.

Fester
28-07-03, 12:35 AM
thats fucking gay unlucky m8

Tilly
28-07-03, 12:38 AM
oops

DazK
28-07-03, 12:48 AM
bad news mate :( .. some f**ka tryed gettin into mine few months back .. proper bent the metal round the lock barrel on my mint doors .. pi$$ed me off bigtime .. kill em all! SCUM! :evil:

brian
28-07-03, 12:52 AM
thats very annoyin. what kind of akward cunts are they

dave.gsi
28-07-03, 12:52 AM
its not the lock that bothered me really. i just can't believe they nicked the ecu, now i can't use the car untill i can track down a second hand one (what are the odds of finding one in a scrappy?) i can't afford a brand new one :cry:

i'm just so pissed, i own two novas and can't drive either (walked to the shop before :o )

mikeoxford
28-07-03, 12:54 AM
thats well fcuk annoying

how random is that

Anton
28-07-03, 12:54 AM
unlucky mate. check the nearby area mite of dumped it somewhere

burgo
28-07-03, 12:55 AM
wot fcukers still this is a gd oportunity to de-lock it and a prime example of why u should im going down to my local scrppy in next couple of days so ill have a look for ya m8

Mark
28-07-03, 01:02 AM
That's bad, nicking stuff is bad enough but recking a car because it's nice is worse.
Personal note, stuck a set of GSI 14 Inch wheels on the Nova, centre caps lasted one night. - What gets me is that it's most likely someone that owns a nova and I thought we were all supposed to get along!!

dave.gsi
28-07-03, 01:03 AM
passenger side is delocked. seriously thinking of doing drivers side too now, also i reckon the guy/s who broke in must own a nova themselves and were either missing their ecu or there was a problem with it and instead of getting another decided to nick mine.

should be easy to find out if this is true as theres only four nova gsi's round here which i see regulary (mine, a white one(noddy), a black one and a red gte. all of which i have seen working recently). so, if another suddenly appears chances are my ecu will be running it :evil:

and we all know what will happen if this does turn out to be true :twisted:

dave.gsi
28-07-03, 01:04 AM
lol, i've been there too with the gsi/sr centre caps :twisted:

Mark
28-07-03, 01:05 AM
Can't own anything these days without someone else taking a fancy to it!!

jatinder
28-07-03, 01:20 AM
did you not have an alarm (not that anyone takes any notice), I know how you feel.

dave.gsi
28-07-03, 01:24 AM
the cars not alarmed but its immobilised and has a disklock so theres no way the car was going anywhere which i suppose is the most important thing. would have been even more pissed if the car was nicked. the worst thing is i've been looking into getting an alarm to go with the other security, but haven't got round to it cos i've got so much other debt to pay

Ben (lurk75)
28-07-03, 09:33 AM
will see what we got Dave, find out what one you need.

Ste_Nova
28-07-03, 10:04 AM
electronic ignition control unit will be easy.... loads of gte's in the scrappys!

Dicko
28-07-03, 10:48 AM
depends which hes has, if bosch then ye, if seimens they r a little harder to get

Ben (lurk75)
28-07-03, 10:57 AM
Obviously not that easy to get up there or they wouldnt have gone to the hassle of breaking into his car to steal one. would have just got one from a scrap yard :!:

dave.gsi
28-07-03, 11:30 AM
lol, thats exactly what i thought. anyway heres some pictures...................
lock damage......
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1456
missing harness pads........
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1457
they even nicked the mats........
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1458
they nicked this wire......
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1459
and finnaly..............
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1460
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1461

SKoob
28-07-03, 12:16 PM
have u informed the police?

dave.gsi
28-07-03, 12:29 PM
yup, they said they'd send a scene of crime unit round. did they come.....did they fuck. too busy eating donuts while catching speeders on duel carridgeways

dave.gsi
28-07-03, 01:02 PM
lol, police have just rang, they'll be round in ten minutes..............think they must have read my previous post lol

SaraGSi
28-07-03, 01:06 PM
:evil: :evil: theiving b**t**ds!!!! :(

Hope the fuzz are gonna do something!!! have u had any trouble round ur g/f's b4???

Ben (lurk75)
28-07-03, 04:37 PM
99% sure that the Siemens ecu. anyone else know for sure?

Dicko
28-07-03, 04:58 PM
ye i think it is, has a few more pins thst the bosch, also the main loom wire is thicker than bosch :s

Ste_Nova
28-07-03, 06:00 PM
Siemens on a H plate? :o

Ben (lurk75)
28-07-03, 06:11 PM
That was the change over year, although does seem to be a rare occurance, we broke one a few weeks ago the same.

techie
28-07-03, 06:40 PM
Dave what ECU have you got? ive got a spare one in the garage if its a E16SE with a Siemens ECU which you can have to help you out.

Let us know

Ross

privatepie
28-07-03, 10:34 PM
ive got a GTE ecu r they they same?

dave.gsi
28-07-03, 11:29 PM
thanx for all the help, so the general feeling is its a siemans ecu i need. even though it says bosch jetronic on the airflow meter.

looking at the haynes manual bosch ecu pictures, the wire looks thinner and the plug smaller than what i've got so we all agreed on a siemans?????

(oh and the car will be booked in for a new alarm at the weekend (sold my red sr :)

Aragorn
29-07-03, 11:02 AM
siemens ECU's have 25 pins on the plug is memory serves

they also have no air temp sender in the inlet manifold so assuming its all original there should be no air temp sender if its a siemens one

easiest way to tell is get the ident code off the white label on the passenger side where it goes thru the car inside

that can be cross matched with the EPC to find out which ECU u had

Ben (lurk75)
29-07-03, 11:04 AM
siemens ECU's have 25 pins on the plug is memory serves

It does there are 25 exactly.