PDA

View Full Version : Cat problem

Jeff16v
15-05-12, 09:46 PM
Hey cat lovers, my cat of 9 years has taken to sh£tting on the carpet, I'm not sure what has sparked this recent change and frankly I couldn't care less, I have shoved his nose in it, as we used to with our dog, but any other ideas on how to stop him, short of drowning the bast£rd!

My cat will live longer if you help him/me lol

mowgli
15-05-12, 09:49 PM
1. its a cat
2. it does just what it wants...
3. get the carpet properly cleaned, then sprinkle pepper dust on it.
4. and lock it outside in a hailstorm or 2

Jeff16v
15-05-12, 09:55 PM
1. its a cat
2. it does just what it wants...
3. get the carpet properly cleaned, then sprinkle pepper dust on it.
4. and lock it outside in a hailstorm or 2

1.correct
2.he's messing with the wrong owner, lol
3.pepper spray, cheers for that
4.give me a minute, lol
Is it cruel to post him to somewhere?

mowgli
15-05-12, 09:59 PM
or you could put a few fliers on lamp posts with a pic of him & his description with the word 'found' at the top.. some sad old single woman who is most likely a librarian will come round & claim it is her long lost 'mr pickles'

job jobbed..

turbojolt
15-05-12, 10:00 PM
Rubbing a animals nose in its own mess is pointless its borderline ****ing animal abuse

If its never done it before it could be a early sign of illness make sure you clean the area with something designed to eliminate the Odour and seek advice from a vet

P.s when did you last worm the cat

leggattr
15-05-12, 10:01 PM
Mine of 4 years is pissing on my carpet!! How do you stop that?

mowgli
15-05-12, 10:02 PM
remove the carpet.

Jeff16v
15-05-12, 10:04 PM
Rubbing a animals nose in its own mess is pointless its borderline ****ing animal abuse

If its never done it before it could be a early sign of illness make sure you clean the area with something designed to eliminate the Odour and seek advice from a vet

P.s when did you last worm the cat

Why is it abuse, he doesn't like the sh£t on his nose, I don't like it on my carpet, evens I call it.

Worms! Dunno. If he lasts a month I do that, Joke!!!

mowgli
15-05-12, 10:04 PM
you must get the carpet steam cleaned to get rid of all the smells....

is it male & has it still got its knackers??? if yes, its trying to mark its territory..

op its pepper dust, not pepper spray.. macing a cat is a bit drastic... whereas pepper dust discourages the animal from going near the area you are keeping them out of.

Jeff16v
15-05-12, 10:08 PM
you must get the carpet steam cleaned to get rid of all the smells....

is it male & has it still got its knackers??? if yes, its trying to mark its territory..

op its pepper dust, not pepper spray.. macing a cat is a bit drastic... whereas pepper dust discourages the animal from going near the area you are keeping them out of.

Steam clean, check
Knackers all gone, I'll have a feel later just to make sure, :)
Whoops, not pepper spray. Dunno why I typed that in response, lol

turbojolt
15-05-12, 10:08 PM
Worms can cause it not 100% sure on cats but dogs can act the same way if there not having a Propper balanced diet

Has there been any changes to the house lately like a new pet

Jeff16v
15-05-12, 10:09 PM
Mine of 4 years is pissing on my carpet!! How do you stop that?

I'll post mine to you and you post yours to me, :)

Jeff16v
15-05-12, 10:12 PM
Worms can cause it not 100% sure on cats but dogs can act the same way if there not having a Propper balanced diet

Has there been any changes to the house lately like a new pet
He's been eating normally, dry cat food with plenty of water, Special fried rice, pork chow mein and crispy duck.

My wife did feed his scrambled egg the other day. Hmmm
No new pets or kids to upset him although the neighbours have stopped him sh£tting on their front garden somehow. Maybe I should ask them how they stopped him?

mowgli
15-05-12, 10:18 PM
my brother had trouble with neighbours cats sitting on his rangerover bonnet & scratching it up, so we installed an agricultural electric fence, on short posts to match cat height..

he blew every single whisker of the population of cats...

some months after we'd removed it, i was round there & he showed me what the cats were doing, one came walking down the gardens till it got to his, it crossed over, walked past & then crossed back

Jeff16v
15-05-12, 10:19 PM
my brother had trouble with neighbours cats sitting on his rangerover bonnet & scratching it up, so we installed an agricultural electric fence, on short posts to match cat height..

he blew every single whisker of the population of cats...

some months after we'd removed it, i was round there & he showed me what the cats were doing, one came walking down the gardens till it got to his, it crossed over, walked past & then crossed back

Lol

Novasport
15-05-12, 10:21 PM
Cats are usually very clean animals, I would say there may be an underlying reason like an illness or it could just be a one off. Get it checked by a vet and in the mean time it might be worth getting a cat litter tray.
Our old cat got locked in one night and kindly found the bathroom and did its business in the bath, not quite toilet trained but not far off!

Jeff16v
15-05-12, 10:24 PM
Tbh I'm surprised myself he's started doing it, I have his old cat tray somewhere amongst the nova parts in the loft, I'll get it down for him. He was recently vet inspected and all ok.

Novasport
15-05-12, 10:27 PM
No new pets or kids to upset him although the neighbours have stopped him sh£tting on their front garden somehow. Maybe I should ask them how they stopped him?

Possibly Orange? Cats do not like citrus fruits

Jeff16v
15-05-12, 10:40 PM
Possibly Orange? Cats do not like citrus fruits

Really? Wtf is that all about. Lol

mowgli
15-05-12, 10:44 PM
you have to throw them really hard.... lol

Jeff16v
15-05-12, 10:51 PM
you have to throw them really hard.... lol
Lmfao, lol

Pete
16-05-12, 12:34 PM
Jeff, my mums cat use to do this.
The way we solved it was once it has a ****e on your carpet, pick it up with some tissue or something and put it outside (if its an outside door cat or in a litter tray)
take your cat outside to where you've just put the turd and hold your cat near it for a few minutes so it gets the smell and knows its his/hers and cats (supposedly) get embarrassed about it and try and cover it up. and then in theory they should continue to ****e outside.

GRUNT 16V
16-05-12, 12:50 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/TnGgkDycLdq6fzr9zpfjELCM_500.jpg

marc69
16-05-12, 01:03 PM
mine has started to lick soap every morning....?

TeddyThom
16-05-12, 01:42 PM
mine has started to lick soap every morning....?
Then it'll be really obvious when it farts... Make the dog quite happy it isn't getting the blame for once...

Matt2107
16-05-12, 02:11 PM
Get the old tray out and get him ****ting in it again, then move the tray outside.

Problem solved.

On a slightly related incident our old cat broke in (read as squeezed through an open roof window) at our old landlords house (two properties on the same plot of land).

She then took a massive dump on their king size bed, right in the middle of their expensive silk sheets.

Am I a bad man for moving the lump of **** but leaving the stain? :-D

Alex J
16-05-12, 02:58 PM
sell it to the chinese takeaway..

Keif
16-05-12, 04:56 PM
sell it to the chinese takeaway..

That reminds me of a lad at work.
On a night out and rather pi55ed, he noticed a cat had been run over and killed.
He picked it up and walked into the nearest Chinese, through all the punters waiting for their food. Threw it on the counter and said
"That's the last one i'm bringing you" turned round and walked out!

lol

novadave24
16-05-12, 07:25 PM
errrr cat **** lol

24sevenslacker
17-05-12, 12:17 AM
call Spudly....

CLICKY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGpCT1qLUY)

he likes cats

novadave24
17-05-12, 03:59 AM
lol it would sh**t its self lol

novadave24
17-05-12, 04:00 AM
Jeff it might need some redtop milk :thumb:

pikey1986
17-05-12, 01:05 PM
call Spudly....

CLICKY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGpCT1qLUY)

he likes cats

lollollollollol

Southie
17-05-12, 03:45 PM
Jeff, this might be worth a read/try CATPOOCLICKY (http://www.thecatbehaviorclinic.com/cat-pooping-outside-litter-box.html)

John
17-05-12, 04:54 PM
Grrr I feckin hate cats, if I catch the one that shat in my daughters sand pit I'll kill it!

Jeff16v
22-05-12, 10:24 PM
A little follow up info, after face diving the cat in its own turn, he hasn't done it since. So either he's constipated or crapping on someone else's carpet.

I put the tray back out for him and he was like "WTF is that for" Lol