PDA

View Full Version : Whats next?

Gazza14SR
27-07-03, 08:08 PM
Hi guys, just wondered if you could point me in the right direction of what i need to do to the engine.

At the minute i've got a powerflow exhaust system and twin40s on a 1.4sr engine. I still want to keep the 1.4sr engine but just mod it abit etc, like what cam to get should i change the head etc etc.

The main reason i ask this is cuz i'm lost when it comes to buying new cams etc and dont know what would suit the car best.

Cheers

Aragorn
27-07-03, 08:33 PM
well the usual mods from now would consist of...

1.3 head (b+ if u can stretch to it)
1.3 manifold for the 40's
cam (u can go pretty wild with the 40's - 285-295 should be fine)
performance manifold

and as u prolly know - get them set up PROPERLY after each mod (or each series of mods if u do a few at once) or u will end up fucking the engine

benji
27-07-03, 08:50 PM
you need to speak to cp or mc about this, they are offering some packages that they can do.

As far as I know the next thing's to do are a kent AST2 cam and a B+ head, but these are pricey.

on a buget you can get a 1.2 head and pistons, and the a crank and rods from a 1.3. your block will need boring out to fit the pistons. There's a place on elton road that can do that and will charge ?40, there's also a place on osmaston rd opposite the DRI

you can also look here:
http://www.novaload.net/forums/article.php?t=66982